Sticky and Easy Honey Garlic Chicken made fast and simple, with the most amazing 5-ingredient honey garlic sauce that is so good you’ll want to use it on everything!
With a recipe that includes both chicken thighs AND chicken breasts, you’re just minutes away from the most addictive Honey Garlic Chicken dinner the whole family loves! The perfect meal to have when you feel like eating something sweet with a hint of savoury.
Crisp and sticky skin (which is optional), a beautiful sauce and perfectly cooked chicken. It doesn’t get any better!
Easy Honey Garlic Chicken
This super-simple recipe makes a crisp-tender chicken with a perfect, sticky glaze. You may (or may not) remember the crispy oven fried chicken I made a couple months ago? Well, this sauce was so good on those chicken pieces, that I wondered what would happen if I cooked some pieces right in the sauce without any crumbing or breading needed.
Honey Garlic Sauce
This sauce not only tastes amazing, it’s incredible satisfying watching it bubble and morph into a perfectly balanced savoury, sweet and garlicky syrup. But your mouth really begins to water watching the sauce simmer all around your chicken and coat it so effortlessly. The bonus of this recipe? It makes up so much sauce that you have enough to drizzle to over some rice or steamed broccoli.
Chicken thighs or breasts?
Chicken thighs are perfect for this recipe, since dark meat is super moist and packed full of flavour. Although, we also love this recipe with chicken breasts… they are incredible in this sauce.
The best part about this Honey Garlic Chicken? You have ALL the ingredients in your kitchen pantry/kitchen tap/refrigerator already.
- Honey? YES ✓
- Soy Sauce? YES ✓
- Vinegar? YES ✓
- Water? OF COURSE ✓
- Garlic? Not even a question ✓
So few ingredients needed for the perfect sweet to salty honey garlic sauce that will have you licking your fingers after every juicy bite.
WATCH US MAKE THE MOST ADDICTIVE HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN RIGHT HERE!
For more Honey Garlic Chicken recipes, try these!
- Browned Butter Honey Garlic Chicken
- Honey Garlic Sriracha Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken with Broccoli + Honey Garlic Sauce
You may also love these!
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- Lobster Tails with Honey Garlic Butter White Wine Sauce
- Browned Butter Honey Garlic Shrimp
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
ORIGINAL RECIPE BY KARINA, CAFEDELITES ©
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in or out, with or without skin*
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, to season
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, or any white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- Heat a pan or skillet over medium high heat; sear chicken thigh fillets or breast fillets on both sides until golden and cooked through.
- Reduce heat after searing on both sides, cover skillet with a lid and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, while turning every 5 minutes until done. Alternatively, see notes for oven method.
- Drain most of the excess oil from the pan, leaving about 2 tablespoons of pan juiced for added flavour.
- When chicken is done and cooked through, arrange chicken skin-side up in the pan (if cooking with skin); add the garlic between the chicken and fry until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the honey, water, vinegar and soy sauce. Increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook until the sauce reduces down and thicken slightly (about 3-4 minutes).
- Garnish with parsley and serve over vegetables, rice, pasta or with a salad.
*For chicken breasts: use 3 breasts, sliced horizontally in half. Sear breast fillets on each side until golden and cooked through (about 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillets). Continue directions from the sauce, onwards.
**For oven baked, bone-in thighs: Preheat oven at 400°F or 200°C. Sear chicken in an oven proof skillet or pan, skin side down first for 3 minutes. Flip and sear for a further 3 minutes until browned each side. Then bake in the oven for a further 20-25 minutes, until completely cooked through and no longer pink inside. Continue directions from the sauce, onwards.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.