Crispy Boneless Chicken Thighs in a delicious, buttery garlic sauce is THE weeknight dinner everyone raves about! LOW CARB/KETO approved.
Seared boneless chicken thighs cooked right on the stove top ready in under 20 minutes? YES! Golden garlic edges with juicy centres, swimming in a 5-ingredient sauce… you won’t believe how incredibly delicious this is with minimal effort!
A versatile skinless, boneless chicken thighs recipe that can be served over anything! Steamed veggies, rice, pasta, mashed potatoes OR lower carb options like mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles… the choices are endless.
Apart from being a super quick and easy to make chicken thigh recipe, what you’ll love the most is the crispy, golden crust. ON skinless chicken thighs? YES!
Searing them in garlic and onion powders normally leaves burnt bits on your chicken.
The secret is searing them on medium heat, giving them time to develop beautiful garlic flavours and a golden colour with crispy edges.
PLUS you get the bonus of serving them with mouth-watering pan juices filled with SO MUCH flavour!
HOW TO COOK BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS ON THE STOVE
PAT BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS DRY with paper towel first to ensure you get a nice sear. Trim off excess fat and season them all over.
USE A LARGE PAN. A well-seasoned cast iron skillet or nonstick pan will give you the best results. If you can, make sure it’s large enough to fit all of your chicken thighs. If you don’t have a large pan, sear them in batches of two or three thighs at a time.
SEAR chicken thighs over medium heat until golden and crispy. DO NOT move them around; let them cook for 5 minutes undisturbed until you can easily flip them over. This gives them a chance to develop the crust and prevent them sticking to your pan.
FLIP and cook for a further 2 minutes.
You can make the sauce right in the pan with your chicken!
MOVE thighs to the sides of the pan and add butter.
LET THE BUTTER MELT, then sauté the garlic until it starts to smell amazing, about 30 seconds.
INCREASE HEAT to medium-high and add a dry white wine and chicken broth (or stock). If you don’t want to add wine, you can replace it with extra stock, no problem!
SCRAPE UP any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with the end of a wooden spoon.
STIR chicken around in the sauce to let it absorb the flavours.
SIMMER until reduced to half.
When chicken is cooked through, remove from heat. Taste test and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately with fresh, chopped parsley or herbs of your choice, if desired.
SIDE DISH FOR CHICKEN
- Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots or Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Cheesy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Easy Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- White Bean Soup
- Roasted Tomato Soup
Crispy Garlic Boneless Chicken Thighs (Stove Top)
For The Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, (around 6-8 fillets)
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of dried thyme and rosemary, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for cooking
For The Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or chicken stock)
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and trim off excess fat. Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, dried herbs, salt and pepper/s. Coat the chicken evenly with the combined seasoning.
- Heat oil a large pan or skillet over medium heat and sear chicken for 5 minutes until golden and crispy. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes. Move chicken to the sides of the pan and add butter to the middle. Let melt, then add the garlic into the butter. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add the wine and chicken broth (or stock). Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with the end of a wooden spoon. Stir chicken around; let liquid simmer until reduced to half, about 2 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove from heat. Taste test and season with extra salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately with fresh, chopped parsley or herbs of your choice, if desired.