One Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken with Asparagus is a super easy ‘throw-together’ recipe!
Low carb, Keto approved AND family friendly! One pan meals are one of our favourite ways to prepare anything around here, and this One Pan Garlicky Lemon Butter Chicken Asparagus is another incredibly easy recipe to add to your list.
Chicken thighs and asparagus are cooked in an irresistible sauce makes a simple dinner with minimal clean up!
You can’t go wrong with this recipe. Honestly. Easy to prepare, even easier to EAT which is always a good thing, right? I mean chicken that’s juicy on the inside, golden and crisp on the outside, swimming in so many incredible flavours made up with only a handful of ingredients.
New favourite chicken recipe!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO COOK CHICKEN?
First, you’re going to sear your chicken in a cast iron skillet OR an oven proof pan. If you don’t have one, you can always place the chicken directly into a baking dish and skip the searing part. It’s completely up to you.
Once you get your. chicken nice, crispy and golden, you’re going to add all the flavours to the pan. Butter, garlic, lemon juice, and fresh thyme (or your herbs of preference) to seal the deal.
Lastly, after finishing it the chicken off in the oven, add your asparagus spears and allow them to cook to your liking. I like mine crisp-tender and put them in during the last 10 minutes of roasting time. If you like them softer, add them in during the last 15 minutes.
One Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken and Asparagus for dinner, just-like-that.
You’re going to love this chicken dinner. Easy to throw together, incredible flavours and perfect for busy weeknights.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes
Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs with Asparagus
- 6 bone in, skin on or off chicken thighs
- Pinch of salt to season
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried Thyme (or your herbs of choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed (or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2-3 bunches of asparagus (about 24 spears), woody ends removed
- Preheat your oven to 200°C | 400° F. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Heat a large (34 cm or 13-14 inch) cast iron skillet (or heavy based oven-proof pan), over medium-high heat. When the skillet (or pan) is hot, add the oil. Sear the thighs, skin-side down, until skin is golden and crisp (about 4-5 minutes). Flip chicken and sear on the other side for a further 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Add the garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Pour in the lemon juice, and sprinkle over fresh thyme leaves from 2 sprigs. Place another 2 sprigs around the chicken.
- Transfer skillet (or pan), to the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Add the asparagus spears to the pan during the last 12 minutes of cook time.
- Garnish with lemon slices and leaves from the remaining sprig of thyme. Serve immediately.