Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken packed with unbelievable flavours, crispy skin, and so juicy!
Nothing beats an easy to make and even easier to prepare roast chook! Especially when roasted with garlic butter, rosemary, parsley, lemon, and a hint of white wine for an unbeatable flavour. This Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken definitely beats the pants off of any rotisserie chicken!
The BEST roast chicken for any occasion!
With Christmas around the corner, I’ve already published a beautiful Glazed Ham AND a Crispy Roast Turkey. But not everyone likes Pork, Ham or Turkey. SO…this Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken is for my readers in that area that love a good chicken!
When we roast a bird, we don’t do it with just a sprinkling of salt. No no no señor. We do it FLAVOUR. There is so much of it in this chicken that beats any restaurant chicken.
What Goes In A Roast Chicken?
- Garlic + Butter = Garlic Butter (YASSS)
- Olive oil
- A touch of lemon
- A hint of dry white wine (optional, but add so much to it while keeping the meat so juicy)
Usually I’ll pass on chicken breasts because juicy crispy chicken legs are my favourite! BUT! In this recipe? I eat it ALL. The breasts come out so moist. NO dry meat happening on this plate!
Do you see that crispy skin happening down there? ↓ That’s the part we fight over at the table. PLEASE tell me we are normal and your family fights over crispy skin too?
How long do you cook a roast chicken?
Over one hour, depending on the size of your bird. This 2kg (or 4 pound) bird took one hour and 20 minutes cooking time, then a resting time of 10 minutes to keep all of those juices in before slicing.
How to season a roast chicken?
I like to go in the carcass, over the chicken and under the skin with all of my ingredients to ensure maximum taste. You want every inch covered in flavour.
SOOOO soft and juicy inside!
What goes well with roast chicken?
- Mashed potatoes. Hands down I am a full blown mashed potato and roast chicken person. Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes OR Easy Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
- Wedges: Sweet Potato OR Potato
- Roast Green Beans
- Avocado Corn Tomato Salad
- Roast Carrots
- Smashed Potatoes OR Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Roast Asparagus
- Pasta Salad
- Balsamic Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad
- Honey Dijon Apple Salad
Pretty much anything! Add a good glass of wine. My favourite at the moment is a Chardonnay/Moscato mix! A.MAY.ZING.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken packed with unbelievable flavours, crispy skin, and so juicy! Nothing beats an easy to make and even easier to prepare roast chook! Especially when roasted with garlic butter, rosemary, parsley, lemon, and a hint of white wine. Beats any rotisserie chicken!
- 1 4-5 pound 2-3 kg whole chicken, at room temperature giblets and neck removed from cavity
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine, (OPTIONAL) -- use a dry wine like a Sauv blanc or Chardonnay
- 1 lemon, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head of garlic roughly peeled and cut in half horizontally through the middle crosswise
- 3 fresh whole rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 430°F | 220°C (400°F or 200°C fan forced). Line a baking tray with foil, or lightly grease a roasting pan.
- Discard neck from inside the cavity and remove any excess fat and leftover feathers. Rinse chicken (including cavity) under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
Pour the olive oil, melted butter, wine (if using) and the juice of half a lemon over the chicken, under the skin and inside the cavity. Season chicken liberally on the outside and inside the cavity with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the parsley.
- Rub the minced garlic over the chicken, mixing all ingredients together over the chicken and under the skin.
Stuff the garlic head into the chicken cavity along with the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halve. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
Place breast-side up into baking tray or roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes, basting half way through cooking time, until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.
Baste again, then broil for a further 2-3 minutes, until golden.
Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve, drizzled with pan juices and remaining lemon half cut into wedges or slices.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.