Deliciously Easy Grilled Asparagus is such a simple recipe. Simply toss in olive oil and garlic, season with salt and pepper and throw them directly on the grill! No pre-cooking needed.
Much like most of the asparagus recipes on this site, this grilled asparagus recipe is not only easy and quick to make, the flavour in these go with anything! From this super popular Honey Garlic Chicken OR see how we served them with this Steak And Shrimp (Surf N Turf) recipe, you will love the delicious taste grilled asparagus brings to your table. Especially when topped with parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice!
As you may have noticed already, we love asparagus. It’s our favourite go-to veggie as an Appetizer (think Garlic Butter Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus), as a side (Crispy Parmesan Asparagus) OR as a main (much like this Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus). Why? Asparagus is so versatile you can add pretty much any flavours you wish, or steam them with only a touch of salt, a drizzle of olive oil and add them into sauces.
Simple, healthy and delicious.
HOW TO GRILL ASPARAGUS
There are a few different options to grilling asparagus. I love to grab thicker spears for grilling to save them from falling through the grates. However, sometimes when that option isn’t available, there are other ways to grill your asparagus with success.
- Use a sheet of foil to grill on.
- Grab a grill pan.
- Use a grilling basket.
- Another way is to skewer a bunch of 4-5 spears together, side-by-side.
When to start grilling
If you’re grilling with other meats, make sure to finish all of your meats/seafood first before starting on your asparagus as they cook fast.
Brush grates with a light coating of oil
Preheat grill to get it nice and hot
Grill over direct heat
How long they take depends on thickness. Usually, you can cook them for about 4 minutes, or until nicely marked or charred with grill marks. Flip and continue grilling for a further 3-4 minutes until fork-tender.
What do you put on grilled asparagus?
Top with parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving, (similarly to our Lemon Parmesan Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs recipe), to create an amazing flavour combination.
That’s it! There’s nothing to it.
One Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken Asparagus
Lemon Asparagus with Feta And Tomatoes
Browned Butter Baked Asparagus
- 1 pound (500g) asparagus, wood ends removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt to season
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
Optional Serving Suggestion:
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- A squeeze of lemon juice (adjust to your tastes)
- Brush grill grates with a light coating of canola oil. Preheat grill on high heat.
- Wash and pat dry trimmed asparagus. Toss with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus spears on the grill over direct heat (the hottest part of the grill). Alternatively, grill in a grill pan over high heat.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes until nicely marked. Flip and grill for a further 3-4 minutes until fork-tender.
- OPTIONAL SERVING SUGGESTION: Sprinkle over parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Leave a Reply