Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus with mozzarella cheese is the best side dish to any meal! Low Carb, Keto AND the perfect way to get your veggies in!
Even non-asparagus fans LOVE this recipe! Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus tastes absolutely amazing…the whole family gets behind this one.
The easiest way to get asparagus into your diet is roasting them. Throw them on a baking sheet or tray and letting the oven work it’s thing. It doesn’t get any easier. But not everyone’s a fan of these green stalks! Coming up with ways for everyone to enjoy them can be a nightmare! That’s where this asparagus recipe comes in! You’re only four main ingredients away from having the best roasted asparagus of your life!
- Asparagus ✓
- Garlic ✓
- Olive oil ✓
- Mozzarella Cheese ✓
HOW TO ROAST ASPARAGUS
- Snap off the woody dry ends of the asparagus. A quicker way when cooking a large bunch like this is to snap the end off one first, then line them all up on your chopping board and slice through the rest at the same length.
- Drizzle with a delicious olive oil/garlic mixture.
- Roast asparagus for only 10 minutes first to avoid over cooking them. Just make sure your oven is preheated!
- Top with mozzarella cheese and broil (or grill)! You could use whatever cheese you have on hand here, preferably a nice mild melting cheese.
All done in less than 15 minutes!
MORE SIDE DISHES?
WATCH HOW WE MAKE Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus RIGHT HERE!
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound (500 g) asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 cloves garlic, minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until vibrant and just beginning to get tender.
- Remove from oven and top with the mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and broil (or grill) until the cheese melts and becomes golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Adjust salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.