Garlic Browned Butter Baked Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese would have to be the perfect accompaniment or side dish, apart from Smashed Potatoes, or Wedges, or dare I say, Salad. If you’re not a fan of asparagus, you may just be converted after trying this recipe!
Garlic Browned Butter Baked Asparagus… The browned butter, with the hint of garlic and lemon juice, transforms this from ‘eat your greens’ to ‘pass me more!’
If you’re anything like me, I’ve tried asparagus in every way possible with different ingredients. This is by far the best recipe I’ve tried. The browned butter provides an almost fried taste with the addictive nutty aroma, and adding garlic and a splash of lemon juice into it takes it beyond plain browned butter to something absolutely incredible.
After pan frying, steaming and boiling, I keep coming back to this recipe. It’s simple to make with cheap ingredients you have on hand, and transforms a meal into an almost gourmet feel.
Serve with yesterday’s Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken, this Browned Butter Honey Garlic Salmon or even this Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Roast Lamb!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Garlic Browned Butter Baked Asparagus
- 1 pound | 500 g asparagus spears , woody ends trimmed
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (not crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese , to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°F | 220°C.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet (or tray). Spray with cooking oil spray; season with salt; and roast in preheated HOT oven until vibrant in colour and tender-crisp, (about 10 minutes).
- While the asparagus is in the oven, heat a small saucepan / pot over medium heat. Add butter and cook, stirring constantly, until it melts, froths up and begins to turn golden in colour. Take off heat; add the garlic and stir quickly. Return to the heat for a further minute, while stirring, until the butter reaches a dark amber colour. Remove from heat; add lemon juice and stir to combine. Pour into a small serving jug.
- To serve, drizzle browned butter over asparagus and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Mmmm, this looks delicious! The garlic addition is definitely one the holy grail ingredients. Pinned!