I wanted to share this easy Balsamic Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad in time for last minute Easter ideas, that happened to be low carb full of flavour. This is not only our typical, weekly family side salad; it sometimes passes as dinner served with grilled chicken pieces.
This is a crowd favourite recipe which has everyone satisfied! Balsamic Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad, you can’t go wrong with that!
With the added protein of chickpeas, and good fats in the avocados, it’s filling and healthy and absolutely delicious with a simple balsamic dressing.
The only recommendation I have, is to thoroughly wash, rinse and drain your chickpeas until the water runs clear. There’s no need to skin them either. But that part is completely up to you!
Dice and slice your other ingredients…
….bring them all together; drizzle with this balsamic dressing…..
And you have a simple yet beautiful, summery salad full of vibrant colours and flavours. No blenders or fancy equipment needed, and your side salad is ready in under 5 minutes. It doesn’t get any easier, right?
Have a safe and happy Easter everyone!
Balsamic Chickpea, Avocado + Feta Salad
- 4 cups shredded romaine (or cobb) lettuce
- 1 x 14 oz | 400 g can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 14 oz | 400 g grape tomatoes , halved (or cherry tomatoes)
- 3.5 oz | 100 g reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 hass avocados , pitted, and chopped
- Salt and black pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine salad ingredients. Set aside.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a serving jug.
- Pour the dressing over the salad; season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.