Lemon Garlic Asparagus topped feta cheese, tomatoes and drizzled with Mediterranean flavours makes the perfect side dish! Oven roasted OR pan fried!
This Lemon Garlic Asparagus recipe is extremely addictive and takes less than 10 minutes to cook! Crispy on the outside, nice and tender on the inside and full of incredible lemon, garlic and herb flavours!
Inspired by this Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad, this new asparagus recipe will be a hit at your spring dinner or lunch table! Serve it with a main OR as a snack! Either way, you’ll be licking your plates clean thanks to the incredible Lemon Garlic and Herb dressing that they are cooked in AND drizzled with afterwards!
Tips to cook asparagus!
- Snap off the woody dry ends of the asparagus. A quicker way when cooking a large bunch like this is to snap the end off one first, then line them all up on your chopping board and slice through the rest at the same length.
- Drizzle with the incredible lemon/herb/garlic dressing.
- Roast OR pan fry! Either method works great and tastes amazing!
Looking for more sides? Try these!
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus | Parmesan Roasted Carrots | Creamy Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Lemon Garlic Asparagus
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1 pound (500g) asparagus spears woody ends removed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray. Arrange asparagus on sheet in a single layer.
- Whisk together oil, juice, vinegar, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour half over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp on the outside and tender in the centre.
- Top asparagus with the tomatoes and feta cheese. Drizzle with remaining lemon dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.
Stove Top Method:
- Toss asparagus in half of the dressing and pan fry over medium heat until cooked to your liking (about 8 minutes while tossing occasionally).
- Drizzle with the remaining sauce and top with the feta and tomatoes. Serve with lemon wedges.
This looks amazing, and I can hardly wait to cook this dish. My family and I love asparagus. Thank you!
Good Afternoon, I have some carrots and zucchini that I need to use up along with my asparagus. If I add the squash and carrots, do you think that combo (with the asparagus) will taste good with the feta cheese? Thanks, love your recipes. Thanks for sharing!
That sounds delicious to me! I love asparagus and that would be a great combination. Thanks for following along with me!