Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad with a dressing that doubles as a marinade!
This Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad recipe is as close to perfect as you can get! Full of Mediterranean flavours: olives, tomatoes, cucumber, avocados, and chicken for a complete meal in a salad bowl!
Chicken Salad Recipe
With all of the salads I post on here, I thought some might be getting sick of these meal in salads recipes. BUT. It turns out, you guys are wanting MORE of these GIANT salads. Wracking my brains for another awesome recipe, what’s better than a fresh, mediterranean salad with so much flavour, you won’t be able to put your forks down? Yes, I sound like an infomercial. No, I don’t care.
As usual, I always try to create salad recipes that you only need ONE dressing / marinade. A salad that uses one thing for two uses. This comes from years of making salads that require completely different marinades for chicken or the meat of choice, then drowning it in a completely different tasting dressing, only confusing my brain and taste buds even more. Why do that when you can create one delicious marinade and use it as a dressing? That kinds makes more sense.
You can ALSO top it with some crumbled feta or goats cheese, which I didn’t have at the time, BUT it’s included in the recipe as an option for you to enjoy!
WATCH US MAKE IT RIGHT HERE!
Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper , to taste
- 1 pound (500 g) skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts)
- 4 cups Romaine (or Cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced (optional)
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
- Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining UNTOUCHED dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.