Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges are soft pillows on the inside, crunchy on the outside with a good kick of garlic and parmesan cheese, and NO pre-soaking or parboiling needed!
Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges with so many amazing flavours. Just as popular as fries, wedges are the perfect appetizer or snack!
Homemade wedges are so much better than store-bought. Here’s the how-to breakdown to make them in the comfort of your own kitchen!
BAKED POTATO WEDGES
When I first started out making wedges, the one thing I was intimidated by was how to cut potatoes into the perfect shape wedge. Getting them crispy was another issue. BUT, it is actually the complete opposite as they are SO EASY to make!
Seasoning with paprika, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper makes them super quick to throw together.
Step by step photos of how to cut the perfect wedge included.
HOW TO MAKE POTATO WEDGES
Wedges are a family favourite around here….but I’m sure this isn’t the only family. I’m thinking families on a universal or world wide scale have the same love affair with good, crispy Baked Potato Wedges. This week, reading all of the amazing reviews from my Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges with Garlic Avocado Aioli recipe, you were all craving some CRISPY and CRUNCHY wedges. Usually, the wedges we make are the Smokey Mexican Beef Wedges, which are basically Taco smothered wedges.
Since most of you have also been writing in after trying the Crispy Garlic Butter Parmesan Smashed Potatoes, those two flavours had to happen in a wedge. After making potato wedges once, you won’t want to be cutting fries any more. BONUS POINTS: These are much quicker and healther-ish, since they’re oven baked.
HOW TO CUT WEDGES
Cutting potato wedges is so much easier than cutting fries. Cut a potato in half (shown below). Halve potato, then halve EACH HALF again, so you have 4 pieces.
Season them with your favourites. I use minced garlic instead of powdered BUT you CAN use powdered if you so desire. Paprika, parsley and plenty of salt follow, because let’s face it, salty potatoes are the best kind of potatoes.
And in 35 minutes, you have wedges. Let me rephrase. CRISPY and crunchy Baked Potato Wedges.
MORE POTATO RECIPES
Crispy Garlic Baked Potato Wedges
- 6 large russet potatoes, rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (or 3 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 2/3 cup finely grated or shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut each half in half lengthways again, and then cut each half in half lengthways again until you have 8 wedges. (Make sure they are about the same thickness and size).
- In a small jug, combine the oil, garlic, onion powder, salt, paprika annd pepper. Pour the oil mixture over the potatoes and toss together to coat evenly.
- Arrange potato wedges in a single layer on a large baking tray, skin-sides-down. Sprinkle with half of the parmesan cheese and extra salt if needed.
- Bake for 35 minutes, turning wedges half way through baking time, until golden, crisp and cooked through when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with parsley and remaining parmesan cheese to serve.