Thick & Creamy Pumpkin Soup is our family recipe, and a favourite weekly soup! Served with crispy bacon, this soup will become YOUR new favourite soup!
Thick & Creamy Pumpkin Soup! The first time I shared a pumpkin soup with ya’ll, it was in the form of this Spinach Pumpkin Soup, also known as Shrek soup for little ones who don’t like vegetables. This soup, however, makes the weekly rounds at my mother’s house, and is always served with bacon AND sometimes even buttery and cheesy garlic bread. Yes, we totally go there. Yes, I’m totally sharing that recipe with you next week!
Our pumpkin soup is quite possibly the easiest soup recipe on the planet, because everything is thrown into a pot; boiled; blended and served.
Then, cream is added right at the end and swirled through the soup……
……and bacon makes its entrance.
So thick and creamy. The PERFECT comfort soup in a bowl!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 pounds | 1 kg pumpkin , skin and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 onion , roughly chopped
- 2 medium-sized potatoes , peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot , peeled and diced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (stock)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes , crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste (if needed)
- 1/2 cup half and half (or light cream)
- 1/2 cooked bacon , to serve (optional)
- Fresh parsley , to serve (optional)
- Place all ingredients, except cream, in a large pot or saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Take off heat. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Add the cream and stir through (do not boil after adding cream).
- Add any salt or pepper if needed, and serve with bacon and parsley (if desired).
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.