EASY AND SUPER CHEESY GARLIC BREAD CAN BE SERVED AS AN ACCOMPANIMENT OR AS A DISH ALL ON ITS OWN!
I ask you, is there anything better than a good piece of garlic bread? YES! There’s regular garlic bread, and then there’s THIS Cheesy Garlic Bread. Soft on the inside, CRISPY on the edges, with the perfect cheese/butter/garlic ratio.
HOMEMADE GARLIC BREAD
Here we have the BEST cheesy garlic bread you will try in this lifetime. The perfect amount of garlic and butter together gets smeared all over your bread before anything else hits it.
Then, a faultless blend of two cheese: mozzarella and parmesan, is sprinkled all over the top.
So easy and super quick to throw together.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST GARLIC BREAD
Now, I normally make our Garlic Bread in single serve quantities using regular sourdough slices, only because its what we usually have on hand.
Spread the garlic butter mixture over both halves of bread, covering the entire surface right to the edges. Top with two types of cheeses, sprinkle with dried parsley and bake.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BUTTER
MIX softened butter with garlic, parsley and salt. You can also use our garlic butter recipe here.
DO I NEED TO WRAP CHEESY GARLIC BREAD IN FOIL?
For crispy bread on the outside and soft, tender bread on the inside, do not wrap in foil. However, if you like soft bread all over, you can wrap your Cheesy Garlic Bread in foil.
So much buttery goodness! ↘︎
If you’d prefer my single serve recipe, SEE IT HERE!
MORE GARLIC BREAD RECIPES
ORIGINALLY POSTED AUGUST 11, 2017.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 14 ounces (400 grams) loaf French bread, (or Italian), sliced in half horizontally (lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley,
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (baking paper), or foil. Arrange bread on baking sheet, cut-side up.
- In a small-sized bowl, combine together the butter, garlic, fresh parsley and salt. Mix ingredients together until well blended. Evenly spoon the garlic butter mixture evenly over both bread halves right to the edges. Top with the cheeses and sprinkle with the dried parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Broil for about 2 minutes, or until the top is golden and crispy.
- Slice and serve warm.