Caprese Garlic Bread is the best garlic bread twist!
Pimped up garlic bread with Caprese flavours are absolutely incredible. Not only is each slice of Caprese Garlic Bread smothered in Garlic Butter and broiled (or grilled) to crispy buttery-ness, there is also fresh, melted mozzarella cheese over the top.
The perfect side dish to go with any type of dinner choice!
Almost like a Bruschetta or a Crostini, this wouldn’t be Caprese Garlic Bread without a thick and rich balsamic glaze drizzled over the top. Individual sliced garlic breads avoids the family fighting over a whole loaf of garlic bread, giving every single person their own piece. Like these Individual Garlic Cheese Breads.
This garlic bread is loaded with so much flavour that we normally have it as a lunch or dinner with a side salad (think Balsamic Chickpea Avocado Feta Salad) or soup. Two of these are filling and a quick, nice change from grilling and pan frying meat.
Also, a much better alternative to boring sandwiches.
HOW TO MAKE Caprese Garlic Bread
There’s an abundance of garlic butter forever stashed in my refrigerator. There should be some in yours too. The proof is in these Crispy Garlic Butter Parmesan Smashed Potatoes, Caprese Stuffed Garlic Butter Portobellos, Corn On The Cob With Garlic Butter, Garlic Browned Butter Baked Asparagus and Garlic-Parmesan Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes.
It was time to put my garlic butter to work and smother it on fresh bread.
With a beautiful tomato / basil accompaniment.
WHICH CHEESE IS BEST?
You can use either fresh mozzarella OR shredded mozzarella for Caprese Garlic Bread. Fresh tastes better and melts nicer on these toasts, but Thi sis personal preference. Feel free to use any cheese you like!
If you can’t find balsamic glaze, I’ve included a recipe for that in the recipe box.
LOOKING FOR MORE GARLIC BREAD RECIPES? TRY THESE!
Caprese Garlic Bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 large cloves garlic)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves , stems removed, finely sliced or shredded
- salt to season (optional)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese slice thinly into rounds, (or shredded mozzarella cheese)
- 1 loaf Cabiatta sliced into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup Garlic Butter
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to broil or grill setting on medium heat.
- Heat oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the tomatoes and basil; cook until the tomatoes are slightly blistered and soft. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds).
- Spread the garlic butter over each slice of bread and top with 1 slice of cheese (or just enough to cover the bread).
- Broil (grill) until the cheese has melted.
- Top bread with tomatoes, season with salt (if needed) and drizzle over the glaze.
- Pour vinegar into a small, nonstick saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring occasionally until the glaze coats your spoon and thickens to a syrupy consistency, (it will also be reduced by half). Remote from the stove and allow to cool. Makes 1/2 cup glaze.