Corn Casserole is an easy 5-ingredient irresistible Thanksgiving side dish!
Corn Casserole with your choice of cheese and chives to serve on your holiday table. A creamy, soft corn pudding with a delicious cornbread base — filled with two kinds of corn, sour cream and melted butter. You will love how easy this is to make! Everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
Corn Casserole is buttery and creamy on the inside, with a soft golden crust and optional cheese on top. A casserole that belongs perfectly on your Thanksgiving dinner table: Roast Turkey or Slow Cooker Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Mashed Cauliflower, Roasted Carrots, Green Bean Casserole, Stuffing, Dinner Rolls, Brussels Sprouts…the list goes on!
A staple at most American dinner tables and pretty much the easiest side dish you can make — well besides cheesy green beans.
HOW TO MAKE CORN CASSEROLE
If you’ve never tried homemade corn casserole before, you are going to fall in love with how quick, easy and delicious this buttery casserole is.
I wasn’t kidding when I said 5 ingredients is all you need:
- Jiffy cornbread muffin mix
- Corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- Creamed corn
- Sour cream
- Melted butter
Prepare it in advance, cover and refrigerate it so you can bake it on the BIG day!
WHAT DOES CORN CASSEROLE TASTE LIKE
The creamed corn shines through in this recipe with a hint of sweetness, mixed with a buttery flavour thanks to the sour cream. Its texture is similar to that of a corn soufflé but not as fluffy or high as one.
The thing is, when you first pull it out of the oven, you expect a cake as it looks like one, but it is so soft and creamy on the inside, just as a pudding should be.
Cheese — Mozzarella, Cheddar, Provolone or Monterey Jack work really well here and taste amazing with this casserole.
Chives — or sliced green onions.
Herbs — Rosemary, thyme or parsley are popular choices.
Bacon — If serving with bacon, you can fry it up while the corn casserole is in the oven and sprinkle it over the top when its done. You could also mix the bacon into the batter if you want bacon pieces on the inside.
Looking for more side dishes? Try these!
Corn Casserole Recipe ON VIDEO
- 15 ounce (440g) canned, fresh or frozen corn kernels drained if using canned
- 15 ounce (440g) can creamed corn
- 8 ounce (250g) package corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy)
- 8 ounces (250g) sour cream
- 4 ounces (125g) butter melted
- 4 ounces (125g) shredded cheese mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, Swiss
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9 by 13-inch casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together corn, creamed corn, muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter. Pour into baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm.