Cheesy Scrambled Eggs in Avocado Boats With Crispy Bacon Pieces! Normally, I make these and serve them with Avocado slices. But not today. I had some time to kill, so I stuffed them in avocado boats.
Not just any scrambled eggs recipe. These scrambled eggs are pimped up and have been my routine breakfast for the last 2 months. Why? Because they’re addictive: soft, smooth and creamy, with Mozzarella cheese in the perfect amount that you get that incredible ‘pizza’ string cheese all the way through eating them (see photo below).
Top them with crispy bacon pieces and serve with heirloom tomatoes…breakfast is a winner.
Because sometimes the same old scrambled eggs on toast, on bagels, on English muffins…well…it gets a little monotonous.
Playing around with this recipe for a few days before getting this consistency I love so much has lead me to love butter. There, I said it. I love butter. Slowly cooking the eggs in the butter while continuously stirring until they’re just set, taking them off the heat and folding the cheese through guarantees perfect eggs and stringy cheese. Every.Time.
Simply halve, pit and peel your avocado. Then scoop out some of the flesh to leave a nice, rough and rustic Avocado ‘bowl.’
Serving them with heirloom tomatoes is optional…but the flavour combination fits beautifully.
Top with crispy bacon pieces fresh herbs and pepper. You won’t be hungry until dinner time. Bonus, right?
Because I couldn’t resist showing you the inside. Pimped up Scrambled eggs.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 ripe Avocado
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 extra large , whole eggs
- 30 g | 1oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 30 g | 1oz short cut bacon , finely diced
- quartered heirloom tomatoes for serving
- fresh herbs (parsley, chives, or basil) for topping
- black pepper , to serve
- Prepare avocado first by halving, pitting, and then gently peeling to remove skin (removing the skin is optional, however it's easier to eat and slice into it when removed). Scoop out some of the Avocado flesh, leaving a 1cm thick edge around to create a 'boat.' Season with salt and set aside.
- Fry the bacon pieces in a nonstick pan (add oil only if needed) until golden and crisp; transfer to a warm plate.
- Lightly whisk the eggs. Melt the butter over low-medium heat in the same nonstick pan. As it begins to bubble, add the eggs and stir them around until just starting to cook through (it takes about 3 minutes). Once they've set to an almost custard-like consistency, remove from heat and quickly add the cheese folding it through the eggs until the cheese has melted (the eggs will continue to set off the stove from the heat of the pan). Spoon into the prepared avocado boats.
- Season with the crispy bacon, herbs and pepper. Serve with tomatoes.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.