Basil Pesto Caprese Stuffed Avocado drizzled with balsamic glaze makes an incredible light lunch or snack!
Take creamy avocados to a different level with this stuffed avocado recipe! Sweet and juicy grape/cherry tomatoes with fresh mozzarella balls are tossed in basil pesto with a touch of garlic, then stuffed into avocado halves! Drizzle with a balsamic glaze for an incredible flavour combination.
Once you stuff avocados with filling (Cheesy Scrambled Eggs in Avocado come to mind), you will never eat them plain again! They tick all our fast and easy recipe boxes:
- Simple to make ✔
- Ready in less than 10 minutes ✔
- Taste incredible ✔
- Filling thanks to all of the healthy avocado fats! ✔
Seeing Caprese stuffed avocados all over the internet lately, I wanted give them a try and I’m so glad I did!
Fresh mozzarella and juicy tomatoes are the perfect match…especially when combined with a touch of pesto (home-made or store bought) and a kick of garlic! Stuffing creamy avocados with a Caprese mixture though is pure heaven. This recipe is almost similar to combining this Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad with this Pesto Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad with an ultimate twist.
Serve on fresh basil leaves and you have Spring/Summer on a plate!
Drizzle it all with a homemade or store bought balsamic glaze for the best light meal! Or keep it low carb and leave the drizzle to the side.
Easy to make, easy to eat and AMAZING!
For similar recipes, try these!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Sweet and juicy grape/cherry tomatoes with fresh mozzarella balls are tossed in basil pesto and a touch of garlic, then stuffed into Avocados for an incredible light lunch, dinner or snack! Drizzle with a balsamic glaze for an incredible flavour combination!
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz (120g) baby mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto homemade or store bought)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, seeded and halved
- Fresh basil leaves to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze reduction to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella balls, pesto, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss well to evenly combine all of the flavours.
- Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate with fresh basil leaves.
Spoon the Caprese filling into each avocado halve and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.