Basil Pesto Caprese Stuffed Avocado drizzled with balsamic glaze makes an incredible light lunch or snack!
Take creamy avocados to a different level with this stuffed avocado recipe! Sweet and juicy grape/cherry tomatoes with fresh mozzarella balls are tossed in basil pesto with a touch of garlic, then stuffed into avocado halves! Drizzle with a balsamic glaze for an incredible flavour combination.
Once you stuff avocados with filling (Cheesy Scrambled Eggs in Avocado come to mind), you will never eat them plain again! They tick all our fast and easy recipe boxes:
- Simple to make ✔
- Ready in less than 10 minutes ✔
- Taste incredible ✔
- Filling thanks to all of the healthy avocado fats! ✔
Seeing Caprese stuffed avocados all over the internet lately, I wanted give them a try and I’m so glad I did!
Fresh mozzarella and juicy tomatoes are the perfect match…especially when combined with a touch of pesto (home-made or store bought) and a kick of garlic! Stuffing creamy avocados with a Caprese mixture though is pure heaven. This recipe is almost similar to combining this Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad with this Pesto Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad with an ultimate twist.
Serve on fresh basil leaves and you have Spring/Summer on a plate!
Drizzle it all with a homemade or store bought balsamic glaze for the best light meal! Or keep it low carb and leave the drizzle to the side.
Easy to make, easy to eat and AMAZING!
For similar recipes, try these!
Watch us make Caprese Stuffed Avocados Right Here!
Caprese Stuffed Avocado
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, (halved)
- 4 oz (120g) baby mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto homemade or store bought)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- 2 ripe avocados (peeled, seeded and halved)
- Fresh basil leaves (to serve (optional))
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (reduction to drizzle)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella balls, pesto, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss well to evenly combine all of the flavours.
- Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate with fresh basil leaves.
- Spoon the Caprese filling into each avocado halve and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve immediately.