Balsamic Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad is a quick and easy meal in a salad!
Seared chicken, fresh mozzarella and tomato halves, creamy avocado slices and shredded basil leaves are drizzled with an incredible balsamic dressing that doubles as a marinade for the ultimate salad! Balsamic Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad… Now THIS was and still is a family favourite!
With so many Caprese recipes making their way onto Cafe Delites, this salad has been a long time coming. My list of recipes is getting so out of control, I’ve made the extremely difficult decision to STAHP adding to it, and actually start COOKING from it. Best. Decision. Ever. And I have a feeling this salad is going to be your next favourite. Because who doesn’t love Balsamic Chicken AND Caprese in the one sentence?
How To Make The Best Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad
Traditionally, Caprese salads do not contain any balsamic vinegar OR avocados or chicken, but today, however, that has changed to make way for this bowl of epic flavours.
Taking some inspiration from this Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken, you’re first going to marinade your chicken:
- You only need to use 4 tablespoons of the balsamic marinade.
- You’re going to reserve the remaining dressing to use later in the refrigerator! No, we don’t use the OLD marinade as a dressing. We use the FRESH UNTOUCHED marinade.
- Then, you’re going to sear said chicken until crispy on the edges and golden. For this salad I used boneless, skinless thighs, BUT you can use breasts if you wish.
After that, the salad comes together so FAST. Throw all ingredients into a bowl and dress with the reserved dressing.
Juicy, golden balsamic chicken………fresh grape or cherry tomatoes……fresh baby mozzarella balls (or bocconcini).
- You can use cherry tomatoes instead of grape tomatoes, or use chopped Roma tomatoes.
- Fresh mozzarella balls are best in this. You can use any size if you can’t find mini.
- Romaine, butter, ice berg or spinach are all fine to use as the base.
Say hello to your new favourite salad.
WATCH THIS Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad BEING MADE RIGHT HERE!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 8 per serve
ORIGINAL RECIPE BY KARINA, CAFEDELITES ©
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)*
- 5 cups Romaine, (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mini mozzarella / bocconcini cheese balls
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to season
Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Place chicken into a shallow dish; pour 4 tablespoons of the dressing / marinade onto the chicken and stir around to evenly coat chicken. Reserve the untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill or sear chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and chicken. Top with basil strips; drizzle with the remaining dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.
*Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be used instead of thighs
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.