Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken is a twist on Caprese, filled with both fresh AND Sun Dried Tomatoes for a flavour packed chicken!
Chicken breast has never been so juicy and moist than with this Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken recipe! This is where two chicken recipes merge into one to become one unforgettable delicious dish.
Picture this: juicy fresh tomato slices along with sun dried tomato strips, fresh basil leaves and melted mozzarella cheese, are stuffed inside chicken breasts; then the chicken is seasoned with salt, pepper basil, oregano AND sun dried tomato oil.
THE SAUCE IS EVERYTHING
Like this Balsamic Glazed Caprese Chicken, you’re going to finish off your chicken in the most perfect balsamic reduction — with a hint of garlic — for added flavour. It may SOUND complicated, but it’s one of the MOST easiest chicken recipes I have on Cafe Delites.
This is when all the deliciousness begins to happen. While the chicken bakes with all of these flavours, the juice from both the fresh and sun dried tomatoes begin to mix through the balsamic reduction to create one of the best sauces you’ve EVER TASTED.
A close up, because it’s a thing of beauty.
Cutting into each piece is of courser the best part.
- Use a sharp, thin-bladed knife to cut the pockets in the chicken. Start on the thickest side of the bread and work your way in. Just be careful not to cut all the way through, or the cheese will melt through to the other side.
- I suggest cooking the chicken in sun dried tomato oil reserved from the jar of sun dried tomatoes. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, but it adds SO MUCH FLAVOUR to the chicken.
- You can use store bought balsamic glaze instead of making it from scratch. Just pour in the glaze and allow to warm through for about 20 seconds, then transfer pan to the oven.
WATCH US MAKE THIS Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken RIGHT HERE!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 4 (200-gram | 7-ounce) chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper , to season
- 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano and dried basil
- 2 roma tomatoes , sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato strips in oil
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices (or cheese of choice)
- 12 basil leaves , divided
- 4 cloves garlic , minced or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C | 350°F. Cut a pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through on the thickest side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way.
Season chicken with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Pour 1 teaspoon of sun dried tomato oil over each breast, rubbing some of the seasoning inside the pockets.
Fill each with 2 slices fresh tomato, 2 teaspoons sun dried tomato strips, one slice mozzarella cheese and basil leaves.
Seal with 3-4 toothpicks diagonally to keep the filling inside while cooking.
Heat 2 teaspoons of sun dried tomato oil (or olive oil) in a skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
While the chicken is cooking, mix together the garlic, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small jug. Pour the mixture into the pan around the chicken; bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally, until the glaze has slightly thickened (about 2-3 minutes).
Transfer pan to the preheated oven and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
Remove toothpicks and drizzle with pan juices.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.