Avocado Feta Cucumber Salad with a delicious Greek inspired salad vinaigrette!
A fresh spin on a classic Cucumber Salad with creamy avocado slices, feta cheese, red onions and thinly sliced cucumbers tossed in an incredible vinaigrette! The best, easiest side salad for any main meal!
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER SALAD
Such an easy recipe, as with most side dishes, made up of only a handful of ingredients:
- Cucumber — English or Lebanese cucumbers
- Avocado — we prefer Hass Avocados
- Feta cheese — or Goats cheese
- Red onion — substitute with green onions
Rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, fibre, magnesium and potassium, cucumbers have incredible health benefits! We use English cucumbers (or continental cucumbers) as they are slightly sweeter than other cucumbers with smaller seeds, making them easier to eat without de-seeding! Perfect for salads! You can also use Lebanese cucumbers if you wish.
To make your life easier, use a mandolin! A mandolin is perfect to help you keep your slices uniform. If you don’t have one don’t worry! You can slice them manually with no problems, just take your time and use a sharp knife.
Looking for more salads? Try these!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 of a red onion thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper until combined.
- Add the cucumber slices, avocado, feta and onion slices into the dressing and toss well. Taste test and adjust salt and pepper, if desired.Serve immediately.