Avocado Chickpea Tuna Salad with a lemon dressing is perfect for lunch or dinner! Quick and easy for meal prep!
Healthy and filling, this Tuna Salad is not only packed with amazing flavours, it is ALSO a bowl full of protein, fibre and healthy fats! Have it for lunch or dinner, as a side or main dish, this tuna salad is especially perfect in hunger emergencies.
No cooking or boiling or baking needed. Just grab tuna straight out of the can and throw it in with the rest of your ingredients.
Only 5 main ingredients go in this tuna salad
- Tuna → protein source with good amount of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Chickpeas → packed with protein and fibre.
- Avocados → while adding a good amount of healthy fats, the avocado adds a creaminess to the salad without needing any mayo.
- Tomatoes → add a delicious texture to this tuna salad, along with a good source of vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K.
- Cucumbers → a crispy, crunchy veg that helps keep you hydrated while flushing out toxins.
Those ingredients make the bulk of this salad, but then you have a gorgeous lemon garlic dressing adding extra nutrition.
Tuna salad for meal prep!
We make a huge batch of this tuna salad weekly (without the dressing or avocado) and throw it into airtight meal prep containers. When ready to eat, I chop up our avocados, add them in and drizzle with ready made dressing!
Is this tuna salad good for you?
Avocado Tuna Chickpea Salad
FOR THE SALAD:
- 15 ounces (425 grams) Tuna, canned in brine or olive oil
- 14 ounces (400 grams) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 large Avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 large vine ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thinly
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (plus extra to serve)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in jug or jar.
- Mix together all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Season with pepper and extra salt if desired.