Avocado Chickpea Tuna Salad with a lemon dressing is perfect for lunch or dinner! Quick and easy for meal prep!
Healthy and filling, this Tuna Salad is not only packed with amazing flavours, it is ALSO a bowl full of protein, fibre and healthy fats! Have it for lunch or dinner, as a side or main dish, this tuna salad is especially perfect in hunger emergencies.
No cooking or boiling or baking needed. Just grab tuna straight out of the can and throw it in with the rest of your ingredients.
Only 5 main ingredients go in this tuna salad
- Tuna → protein source with good amount of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Chickpeas → packed with protein and fibre.
- Avocados → while adding a good amount of healthy fats, the avocado adds a creaminess to the salad without needing any mayo.
- Tomatoes → add a delicious texture to this tuna salad, along with a good source of vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K.
- Cucumbers → a crispy, crunchy veg that helps keep you hydrated while flushing out toxins.
Those ingredients make the bulk of this salad, but then you have a gorgeous lemon garlic dressing adding extra nutrition.
Tuna salad for meal prep!
We make a huge batch of this tuna salad weekly (without the dressing or avocado) and throw it into airtight meal prep containers. When ready to eat, I chop up our avocados, add them in and drizzle with ready made dressing!
Is this tuna salad good for you?
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Avocado Chickpea Tuna Salad with a lemon dressing is perfect for lunch or dinner! Quick and easy for meal prep! Healthy and filling, this Tuna Salad is not only packed with amazing flavours, it is ALSO a bowl full of protein, fibre and healthy fats!
- 15 ounces (425 grams) Tuna, canned in brine or olive oil
- 14 ounces (400 grams) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 large Avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 large vine ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (plus extra to serve)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Whisk together dressing ingredients in jug or jar.
Mix together all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Season with pepper and extra salt if desired.
Make-Ahead Tip: Combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl (except the dressing), cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. When ready to serve, drizzle with dressing.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.