Avocado Greek Salad with a Greek Salad Dressing is a family favourite side salad served with anything!
A twist on the traditional Greek Salad! Loaded up with creamy avocado and a touch of lettuce along with green peppers (or capsicum), tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, olives, and onion. The best side salad for any meal!
In this house, however, we always add avocado. Avocado – on – everything – addiction. And why not?! It’s such a great addition, you’ll be doing it too! This salad has been happening daily WITH EVERYTHING Greek-flavoured. Greek lamb chops? Done. Greek chicken? YES! That’s not all though…Avocado Greek salad goes with anything!
How To Make Greek Salad
With all this Greek Salad making and eating, I have to say what makes a good Greek salad even better is a dressing so full of flavour you could drizzle it all over your meat like we do (and like I did here with this Greek Lemon Garlic Chicken Salad). It only takes a few ingredients that I bet you already have in your kitchen. Throw out your bottled dressings. Once you realise how easy and fast it is to make your own, you’ll be giving the bottled stuff the flick.
What goes in a Greek Salad Dressing!
- Red wine vinegar — substitute with lemon juice (FRESHLY SQUEEZED!)
- Dried oregano — in the seasonings section of your supermarket.
Want to bulk up your salad? Add lettuce like we have here (I love Romaine or Cos).
Looking for more Greek recipes? Try these:
For The Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (plus extra to serve)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For The Salad:
- 1 large cucumber , halved lengthways and sliced
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes , cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper (capsicum), deseeded and sliced
- ½ red onion , sliced thinly
- 7 oz | 200 g good quality creamy feta cheese , cubed
- ½ cup (3 oz | 80 g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 large avocado , diced
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in jug or jar.
- Mix together all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Season with extra salt ONLY IF NEEDED (depending how salty your feta cheese is). To serve, sprinkle over extra oregano (optional). Serve with chicken, fish, lamb, beef, the options are endless!