Easy Honey Garlic Salmon is a throw together recipe in one pan and a handful of ingredients!
A perfect sweet and savoury 5-ingredient garlicky sauce with a hint of lemon will become your family’s new salmon obsession. Honey Garlic Salmon = dinner ready in under 15 minutes, including prep time!
It’s no secret you all are loving this Browned Butter Honey Garlic Salmon two years after first posting it way back when Cafe Delites was still a baby. With the success of this video on Facebook, a few readers have been writing in asking if there is any possible way to avoid browning butter.
This Salmon Recipe is it.
The browned butter mixed through that honey garlic sauce is what makes that salmon recipe stand out from the rest. However, there comes a time when people want to keep things simple, and there’s nothing wrong with simplifying a recipe! In fact, you guys are going to love this one if not more than the previous one.
Pan Seared Salmon
This salmon gets cooked right in the sauce. There’s no searing or frying first. Why? Because a lot of people get anxiety at the thought of frying then flipping salmon and having the fillets fall apart on them halfway through cooking. Q. But how do I get the same crispy edges from searing? A. Once the salmon is half way done, you’re going to broil your fillets for a couple more minutes (or grill them if you’re in Australia) for that extra golden, crispy and caramelised finish.
Sauce For Salmon
This recipe is perfect for when you have no idea what to cook. Grab some salmon fillets and rest assured you possibly have all of the sauce ingredients in the pantry or refrigerator already.
- Butter? ✔️
- Garlic? ✔️
- Honey? ✔️
- Soy Sauce? ✔️
- Lemons? ✔️
For a stronger lemon flavoured salmon, add the wedges into the pan when your sauce is bubbling (the peel provides all of the flavour this way). For a milder flavour, leave them out. Make this Easy Honey Garlic Salmon for your dinner table tonight!
Craving More Honey Garlic Recipes?
Easy Honey Garlic Salmon
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets about 1/2 pound or 250 grams each, skin off or on
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (mild, sweet or smokey)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, (plus extra to serve)
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven. Preheat oven to broil/grill settings on medium heat.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the honey, water and soy sauce; allow the flavours to heat through and combine. Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavours together.
- Add the salmon steaks to the sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there's any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (if desired).
- Optional -- Add the lemon wedges around the salmon (adds a stronger lemon taste). Baste salmon one more time then transfer the pan to your oven to broil / grill for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred, and the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- To serve, drizzle with the sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or with a salad.