Lemon Parmesan Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs are so easy to make, and are packed with flavour!
Extremely versatile, they can be baked OR grilled right on your barbecue! Low carb readers have been asking me to remake this Crispy Parmesan Salmon without the bread crumb topping to reduce the carb count, and let me just say this was a PLEASURE for me to make AND taste test over and over and over again. Lemon Parmesan Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs FOR THE WIN!
There’s something about a buttery, garlicky, herb mixture being poured onto a fresh, wild caught salmon fillet. To get the measurements right, however, is a whole different story. If too much lemon goes in? Bitterness overload. Too much butter? Oily overload. Too much salt? Be careful of this one. Too much garlic? (Wait…WHAT is too much garlic, even?)
PLUS, if that’s not enough, freshly grated parmesan cheese goes over the top, gets baked in a foil packet to keep all of those flavours and juices in the salmon WHILE being soaked and cooked right into asparagus for a complete meal; in less than 30 minutes!
With this salmon during testing, I found that we did not like the flavour of packaged, powdered parmesan cheese. You know the one you can find in a can? Yeah….no. It seemed to ruin the natural flavour of salmon. Freshly grated however, is a different thing all together. Whether you shave it on with a vegetable peeler, or grate it, you will get the very best of flavour using FRESH PARMESAN CHEESE!
Also, if you don’t like asparagus, you can easily pair this with zucchini or green beans!
If you try it, PLEASE let me know if you love it more than we did!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Lemon Parmesan Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs are so easy to make, and are packed with flavour! Baked OR grilled right on your barbecue!
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on or off
- 1 pound | 500 grams asparagus spears, wood ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, (or juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (or 4 large cloves garlic, minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (or dried parsley)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley to garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven or barbecue (grill) following instructions below.
Place each salmon fillet in the centre of one 12x18-inch heavy-duty aluminium foil piece. Divide the asparagus into 4 equal portions and arrange next to the salmon on each foil piece.
In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic and parsley. Pour the garlic/butter mixture evenly over each piece of salmon and asparagus; season with salt and pepper to taste, and top each pack with the parmesan cheese (about 2-3 tablespoons per pack).
- Tent with foil, tightly sealing the edges to prevent the butter being leaked, to create a foil packet.
- Bake in preheated oven set to 200°C | 400°F for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Grill, covered on medium high heat for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and garnish with extra parsley.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.