Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon is ready on your table in less than 15 minutes, with a 5-ingredient crispy crumb top! Restaurant quality baked salmon right in the comfort of your own home!
Garlic, salmon and parmesan and cheese… YES! This oven baked salmon is one of our favourite recipes, righhht up there with other sheet pan salmon recipes on this blog like this Honey Garlic Butter Salmon (which now has a video), or maybe this Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon. Not only is it easy and quick to prepare, it tastes like a top chef has made it in your humble kitchen.
HOW TO MAKE Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon
- Make sure you position your oven rack to the middle of your oven before preheating it.
- For this recipe you can use a skin on or off side of salmon. We love skin on as the oils keep the salmon so juicy underneath while it bakes.
- I line my baking sheet with aluminium foil, but you can use parchment paper instead.
- Use fresh shredded parmesan in the crumb topping instead of the fine powdery parmesan found in plastic containers. It gives it a better flavour.
- You can use fresh chopped Dill instead of OR in addition to parsley!
- During testing we found fine breads crumbs came out crispier. You can also use Panko breadcrumbs if that’s what you have on hand.
- Try to coat your salmon evenly before baking. I also spray my crumb topping with a light coating of cooking oil (not non-stick oil) to help the topping brown better in the oven.
How long does it take to bake salmon in the oven?
About 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the size or thickness of your side of salmon. We prefer ours pink in the middle for juicy salmon. If you like your salmon well done, leave yours in for 15 minutes or longer. Just be careful not to dry it out too much.
What’s A Good Side Dish With Salmon?
What Wine Goes With This Salmon?
With this recipe, I’d recommend a white wine. A glass of chilled Fruity Rose (sparkling if you can find it), Riesling, Pinot Gris or White Pinot Noir all pair perfectly well with this. If you’ve tried others, please let us know in the comment section below!
After baking, take a step back to admire the fact that you made gourmet salmon in minutes! Golden, crispy parmesan herb crumb filled baked on tender, falling apart salmon. Does it get any better? No.
We squeeze some lemon juice over each slice for extra flavour, but it’s totally optional! Everyone loves it!
WATCH US MAKE THIS CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN SALMON RIGHT HERE:
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon
- 2 pounds (1 kg) side wild salmon fillet (about 2 kg | 4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges , to serve
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 400°F | 200°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil. Place the salmon fillet, skin side down, on the baking sheet; set aside.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic in a small bowl. Pour in the melted butter; season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/3 teaspoon pepper (or to taste). Using your hands (it's easier than using a wooden spoon), mix the ingredients together until the breadcrumbs absorb the butter (about 40 seconds).
- Pour the mixture over the salmon, pressing it into the top until the fillet is completely covered. Lightly spray salmon with cooking oil spray for a golden crumb.
- Bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fillet), until the crust is golden and the salmon is cooked and flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a squeeze of lemon (optional). Team with a salad, steamed vegetables, rice or mashed potatoes.