Lemon Paprika Garlic Prawns (Shrimp)
There are so many ways to make prawns — also known as shrimp in other parts of the world. But the flavour combination of garlic, paprika and lemons crazy good!
The hint of paprika is so subtle, but makes a big difference. Kinda like an added bonus to prawns (or shrimp).
Am I the only one who picks at their prawns while they’re still frying? I mean, Two for the an, one for me. Another two for the pan, and another three for me.
So by the time they finish cooking, they’re just about gone.
Oops. Sorry family. Lemme just go out and buy more.
And this recipe was so good, I had to write up its own post. If you guys remember the Garlic Prawns and Avocado Crostini, then this is it. This is that recipe, on its solo, just for you guys. Because close-ups and prawns all up in yo’ face is what it shoulda been from the start.
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Juice of half a lemon (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 500 g | 1 lbs king prawns , no tail, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup fresh parsley , finely chopped
- Combine garlic, paprika, lemon juice and prawns in a bowl and mix well to combine the ingredients. Add salt to season (to your tastes). Drizzle garlic oil onto a large frying pan/skillet. frying pan. Heat over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add the parsley and cook for a further 2 mins until prawns change colour. Set aside.