Tender and juicy Baked Chicken Breasts with a delicious honey mustard sauce takes only minutes to make!
Baked Chicken Breasts couldn’t be any easier to prepare for a quick and easy dinner idea! Smothered in a Honey Mustard Sauce with a kick of garlic and lemon juice, this will become your new favourite chicken breast recipe!
JUICY BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
Complicated steps? Out the window with this one. This recipe is just a throw-it-all-in-a-baking-dish recipe and let the oven do it’s thing, using boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
The acidity in the mustard and lemon juice help keep this chicken extra juicy and tender while baking. The sauce provides a delicious even covering around each breast, sealing all of those crucial juices in. No dry chicken breast over here!
HOW LONG DO YOU BAKE CHICKEN BREAST?
With this recipe, you are going to bake them first until they are just done (about 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your breasts), then broil them for the last 3-4 minutes to get that beautiful, golden browned colour with crisp and caramelised edges!
The best part about this recipe? No marinating, PLUS no need to make a separate sauce to serve them with. While the chicken bakes, the juices in the pan mix together with the honey mustard sauce creating EXTRA sauce.
WHAT GOES WITH CHICKEN AS A SIDE DISH?
For a complete meal, throw some veggies in the same dish in the last 10-15 minutes of cooking time. Veggies like asparagus spears, halved brussels sprouts, broccoli florets, green beans or cauliflower florets.
You could also steam them separately, or roast them on a separate pan!
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower rice
- Zucchini noodles
Easy Baked Chicken Breast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, adjust to taste
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless skinless chicken breasts, (4 large chicken breasts)
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Combine the oil, honey, mustards, garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl to combine well.
- Place the chicken into prepared baking dish. Season generously with salt, pepper and paprika. Spoon 3/4 of the honey mustard mixture evenly over the chicken and spread evenly all over each breast. Arrange rosemary between each piece.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Spoon remaining sauce over each breast and bake uncovered for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices are no longer pink.
- Broil/grill for 2 minutes on medium-high to brown the chicken and caramelise the edges.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to recirculate before serving. Garnish with parsley and serve warm with pan drippings.