Tender and juicy Baked Chicken Breasts with a delicious honey mustard sauce takes only minutes to make!
Baked Chicken Breasts couldn’t be any easier to prepare for a quick and easy dinner idea! Smothered in a Honey Mustard Sauce with a kick of garlic and lemon juice, this will become your new favourite chicken breast recipe! Recipe includes optional roasted asparagus all cooked on the same pan!
TIPS TO MAKE PERFECT BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
Complicated steps? Out the window with this one. This recipe is just a throw-it-all-on-a-baking-sheet recipe and let the oven do it’s thing, using boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The acidity in the mustards help keep this chicken extra juicy and tender while baking, while the sauce provides a delicious even covering around each breast, sealing all of those crucial juices in! No dry chicken breast over here!
HOW LONG DO YOU BAKE CHICKEN BREAST?
With this recipe, you are going to bake them first until they are just done (about 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your breasts), then broil them for the last 3-4 minutes to get that beautiful, golden browned colour with crisp and caramelised edges!
The best part about this recipe? No marinading time! PLUS no need to make a separate sauce to serve them with! While the chicken bakes, the juices in the pan mix together with the honey mustard sauce creating EXTRA sauce to serve them with!
WHAT GOES WITH CHICKEN AS A SIDE DISH?
For a complete meal, throw some veggies on the same pan in the last 10-15 minutes of cooking time! My suggestions include:
- Brussels sprouts
- Green beans
You could also steam them separately, or roast them on a separate pan!
- Mashed Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Roasted Carrots
- Cauliflower rice
- Zucchini noodles
Love Honey Mustard? Try these recipe!
Easy Baked Chicken Breast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless skinless chicken breasts, (4 large chicken breasts)
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F | 200°C. Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with oil and line with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the oil, honey, mustards, garlic, lemon juice and paprika in a small bowl to combine well.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet (tray). Season generously with salt and pepper. Spoon 3/4 of the honey mustard mixture evenly over the chicken and spread evenly all over each breast. Pour 1/4 cup water onto baking sheet to prevent burning, creating a sauce while baking.
- Bake until cooked through (about 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts). Spoon the remaining sauce over each breast and broil (or grill) for a further 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat to brown the chicken and caramelise the edges.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.