Honey Mustard Salmon In Foil is a quick and easy salmon recipe, leaving you with no pans to wash and a juicy salmon for your dinner table!
A new family favourite salmon recipe, this Honey Mustard Salmon In Foil is right up there with your favourite Honey Garlic Butter Salmon In Foil! Combining two favourite flavours: Honey Mustard and Garlic Butter, this salmon recipe is the ultimate in flavour! Looking for a Garlic Salmon With Honey Mustard Cream Sauce? Try this one!
You’re only 6-ingredients away from creating the most beautiful sauce for your next salmon recipe. I say next because I KNOW this Honey Mustard Salmon In Foil is going to hit your tables…SOON.
Just like with this Honey Garlic Butter Salmon, you are going to start by combining honey, butter and garlic in a saucepan to melt and combine. The difference between these two recipes is the addition of Dijon and wholegrain mustards, like we used in this Honey Mustard Chicken Avocado Bacon Salad that you guys equally loved just as much. With all of the honey mustard recipes on this site, I do believe the best flavour comes into play when combining those both mustards together. Please don’t substitute either of these out.
After making up the most epic of sauces, you’re going to pour it all over a side of salmon, wrap it in foil and bake in the oven for around 10-12 minutes, depending on how hot your oven runs. Then, you have the option of opening up the packet being CAREFUL of escaping steam, and broiling (or grilling for us Aussies), to get those charred edges thanks to the honey in the recipe. (Well, not really an option because HELLO charred edges!)
Serve with a lemon wedge and a squeeze of lemon, because one can never have enough lemon on salmon.
Honey Mustard Salmon In Foil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder (or cayenne powder) OPTIONAL -- adjust to your tastes and spice preference*
- 1.2 kg | 2 1/2 pound side of salmon
- Salt to season
- Black cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges OPTIONAL
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, mustards, butter, garlic and lemon. Whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking tray | sheet. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.
- Bake until cooked through (about 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness). Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill / broil under the grill / broiler for 3-4 minutes on medium heat to caramelise the top. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
They all loved this recipe and I was really happy that this time the salmon tastes great not blend as I usually do! Will do it again!!
my family and friends love the crispy garlic parmesan salmon! I want to try this one but don’t like using aluminum foil. Will it turn out good without the foil?
This recipe looks super . Can’t wait to try it. I have a question about the whole grain mustard not sure what that looks like . Could you possibly suggest a brand please
Thank you for your generosity in sharing your recipe.
Any whole grain mustard will do. I personally don’t have a favourite.
If using the chili powder/cayenne, when/ where do you use it? The instructions don’t tell you.
You will add it all to the glaze if you would like that flavor. If not, you are welcome to leave it out. Thanks so much for following along with me! XO
SO good! Made this for the first time, and I am NOT a whiz in the kitchen. But this was easy, no cleanup and so so tasty! Thanks so much!!
You’re welcome Kerri-Lynn!
Very good, recommend anytime.
Hi Karina! This is something really irresistible! Want to grab it and taste right now. Will surely try this one and hope I can make it as delicious as it is looking in the pictures 😀
I made this tonight & it is excellent! I will definitely be making this again. It is perfect for a dinner when having guests, too.
I’m so happy to hear that Lana! I love this one so much too! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!
Doug Resar says
Made this last night for my wife and I and it is a 5 star
Cateraar Den Haag says
This looks incredible! Yum!
This looks great! Can’t wait to try it and I agree about the lemon! 🙂
Do you think you could make this with chicken