Honey Mustard Chicken & Potatoes is all made in one pan! Succulent chicken thighs oven baked in the best honey mustard sauce makes an easy dinner.
The flavour combination makes this Honey Mustard Chicken one of the best recipes I have on here. You know when you’re looking at a tray of meat (in this case, chicken), and you have NO idea what to make with it, but then a craving hits you so hard for a particular flavour that you HAVE to try it? Then, you keep adding things to said craving, and something really incredible happens.
That’s what happened here.
Honey Mustard Sauce
Why do I say something incredible happens? It’s the sauce. The sauce may taste strong before it goes into the oven, which is a good thing. Once the chicken start to release their natural juices while baking, that’s where the magic begins. The honey mustard turns into salty/sweet pan juices, with a kick of garlic and an unmistakable mustard tang.
Even if you’re NOT a fan of honey mustard, this one is for you.
Chicken And Potatoes
If there’s a recipe I recommend you try, its this one. There’s really nothing better or easy than cooking potatoes and chicken in the one pan, saving you dishes and oven trays, with pan juices soaking into the meat and potatoes while roasting in the oven.
That’s the liquid gold, right there.
We add green beans in to complete the meal, but you can add:
- Brussels spouts
Or any other vegetable you like!
Love Honey Mustard? Try these recipes!
Love Chicken and Potatoes? Try these different flavours!
WATCH US MAKE IT RIGHT HERE!
Honey Mustard Chicken & Potatoes (ONE PAN)
- 4-5 chicken thighs bone in, skin on or off
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1-1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound (500 g) baby red potatoes quartered
- 8 ounces (250 g) green beans halved (OPTIONAL)
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Generously season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-proof non stick pan (or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat. Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes each side, until the skin becomes golden and crisp. Leave 2 tablespoons of chicken juices in the pan for added flavour, and drain any excess.
- Fry the garlic in the same pan around the chicken for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the honey, both mustards, and water to the pan, mixing well, and combine all around the chicken.
- Add in the potatoes; mix them through the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to your tastes. Allow the honey mustard sauce to simmer for two minutes, then transfer to the hot oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through to the bone and no linger pink in the middle.
- OPTIONAL: Remove from the oven after 30 minutes; add in the green beans (mixing them through the sauce), and return to the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, and the potatoes are fork tender.