Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with irresistible caramelised edges and incredible flavour!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes need only 5 ingredients to get you hooked! Baked sweet potatoes are so easy to make, right up there with potatoes, making them an incredible side dish ready to be served with absolutely anything.
One of the easiest and most useful ways to cook sweet potatoes is to roast them.
How To Cook Sweet Potatoes in the Oven
- Preheat your oven at a high temperature.
- Chop them into 2-inch pieces. Cutting them into small pieces generally means a faster cook time, more crisp outer sides and delicious caramelized edges.
- Spread them out in a single layer on your baking sheet. Give them room and allow the heat to distribute evenly, circulating perfectly around each piece.
- Season them. We use garlic, olive oil, melted butter, salt and pepper, but you can pretty much use whatever you have on hand. Chili powder, garlic or onion powder.
- Garnish your roasted sweet potatoes with fresh chopped parsley as it is mild enough to allow the flavours of the sweet potatoes to shine through! Other herbs like thyme or rosemary taste incredible with sweet potatoes.
How long to bake sweet potatoes?
Do you need to peel sweet potatoes?
This is a personal question depending on what results you’re after. Sweet potato skins are edible and become crispy in the oven while roasting, just like regular potatoes.
The beauty of roasted sweet potatoes is that they can be cooked either way and still be absolutely incredible. You can always adjust this recipe to suit your taste.
What to serve with roasted sweet potatoes
Looking for more Sweet Potato Recipes?
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES VIDEO
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes with irresistible caramelised edges and incredible flavour! Only 5 ingredients to get you hooked, this sweet potato recipe is so easy to make! An incredible side dish ready to be served with absolutely anything.
- 2 pounds (1 kg) sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (8 cloves garlic)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 220°C | 425°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray.
Arrange the sweet potatoes on the sheet in one layer, and add the oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss until the potatoes are well coated and seasoned.
Roast in the oven for 45 -55 minutes, while flipping occasionally, until fork tender.
Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and season with a little extra salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle over with parsley and serve immediately!
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.