Garlic Herb Chicken & Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Meal Prep is the easiest and most delicious way to have your meals cooked and ready to go when you’re short on time!
Garlic Herb Chicken & Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Meal Prep… What a quick, easy and healthier way to eat!
This meal prep is packed full of so much flavour, and saves anyone from binging on Nutella jars and bags of chocolate chips. Or just me… Crisp, tender sweet potatoes complete this emergency meal with a filling, low GI rating, while the peppers and onion smash flavours all through the chicken. PLUS, roasted broccoli is a BONUS.
If you have a spare 45 minutes on a Sunday, and you know you need some easy and quick meals in a hurry, then this recipe is for you! When I say 45 minutes, I’m counting peeling and chopping your sweet potatoes. BUUUHT, you may be lucky and find already peeled and chopped sweet potatoes at your local supermarket….in which case that would take it down to just over half an hour!
First, all you’re going to do is roast your sweet potatoes first in all the flavours until they are just beginning to soften. Second, you’re going to add the remaining ingredients to the pan with the remaining oil and herbs until everything is cooked through.
Lastly, you can either eat straight away with or without some steamed rice (I sometimes serve this with brown rice) OR divide into four containers ready for the week!
Garlic Herb Chicken and Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Meal Prep
Inspired by and adapted from The Real Food Dieticians
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and diced into 1/2-inch wide pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed or finely chopped, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano , divided
- 2 teaspoons basil , divided
- 2 teaspoons parsley , divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 21 ounces (600 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts , diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets (about 3 cups of florets)
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), deseeded and cut into wedges
- 1 medium red onion , cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F ( 200°C).
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet / tray with parchment paper or aluminium foil. Arrange sweet potatoes on the tray; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil (or enough to evenly coat), 1 crushed garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon each of oregano, basil and parsley. Toss well to coat completely. Season with salt and pepper and spread into an even layer. Cover with foil and roast in hot oven for 20 minutes, while preparing the remaining vegetables.
- The sweet potatoes will just begin to soften at this time (they will still be fairly hard on the inside, but soft on the outside). Remove from the oven and arrange the chicken, broccoli, peppers, and onion around the sweet potatoes. Drizzle with remaining oil; add the garlic and herbs. Toss everything together to completely coat in the oil. Season with extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, turning chicken and other ingredients once while cooking, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, and the other vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve immediately OR allow to cool to room temperature, divide into 4 containers and you have meals ready for the week!
Delicious and easy!
Is the basil and parsley dried or fresh?
This was really good. I love one pan meals and this checked every box for me. My family loved it, definitely a keeper. Thank you!
What a tasty and beautifully colorful dish! This dish came together quickly and provides a healthy dinner for the rest of the week. Thanks for the recipe!
I’m trying to lose some weight at the moment (clothes are too tight, you know… .__.) and this receipt is perfect!
So tasty, so nom, so easy to make! I’ve never bought fresh broccoli before, because it’s not really my favourite vegetable. But I gave it a try and it was delicious!
Thank you. 🙂
Bethany @ Athletic Avocado says
This meal literally has ALL the good stuff in it! You got your protein, veggies and starch all in one! My kind of meal! 🙂