Lemon Herb Mediterranean Pasta Salad is loaded with fresh Mediterranean inspired salad ingredients, and drizzled with an incredible Lemon Herb dressing!
My Grilled Lemon Herb Mediterranean CHICKEN Salad has been a HIT with readers around the world, but many have been asking how to turn it into a vegetarian version, while keeping with my typical ‘meal in a salad’ reputation. (Yes, apparently my reputation is that of the lady that makes loaded salads. I take it as a compliment). Enter: Lemon Herb Mediterranean Pasta Salad!
Adding pasta to this salad is not only a delicious vegetarian version, it’s a HUGE HIT with everyone I’ve asked to try it. Loaded with everything mediterranean: cucumbers, olives, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, red pepper strips (aka capsicum), lettuce, tomatoes, Spanish onion, PLUS the addition of creamy avocado pieces!
Meal in a salad? YES!
Meat free? YES YES!
I kinda feel like saying, ‘Look ma! No meat!’
Using the same dressing as the Mediterranean Chicken Salad to keep all of your favourite flavours packed into this salad, you guys are guaranteed BY ME to love this version just as much!
Perfect for parties, gatherings, pot lucks, or just for a family dinner. You can of course serve it as a side salad to accompany a beautiful roast chicken or lamb. The choice is yours!
The options are endless with this salad. You can add in marinated artichokes, fire roasted peppers, goats cheese instead of feta, arugula or spinach instead of or with the lettuce, etc!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 12 ounces | 350 grams dry pasta (Penne)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper , to taste
- 4 cups Romaine (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber , diced
- 1 avocado , peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 of a large red pepper (or capsicum), deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 9 ounces (250 grams) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 a red onion , thinly sliced
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives , sliced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil , drained
- 5-6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain in a colander or strainer, then rinse under cold water to take the heat out. Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- While pasta is boiling, prepare your dressing. Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug.
- Add all of the salad ingredients into the salad bowl along with the pasta, and drizzle with the dressing. Toss all of the ingredients together until everything is coated evenly in dressing. Season with extra salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.