Corn Salad with avocados, tomatoes and a lime juice dressing! Delicious served on its own, or as a side! (NOW ON VIDEO)
Guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters, one bowl of Avocado Tomato Corn Salad with avocados and tomatoes is flavourful and easy to throw together! Just read the comments below! The bonus? Vegan and Vegetarian approved!
Our corn salad recipe has been a reader favourite for a couple of years now that we have finally made it on video thanks to you! You asked…we listened!
Corn salad is SO EASY! With a handful of fresh ingredients, you have one of the best salads full of juicy, sweet corn, ripe tomatoes, creamy avocado pieces and red onion slices. We’ve made this extremely versatile for you:
- CORN: Use fresh OR canned in this recipe. We prefer fresh corn boiled in milk for plump, juicy corn kernels.
- TOMATOES: Grape tomatoes have an amazing flavour, bursting with tomato juice. Use cherry or Roma in their place if you prefer.
- ONION: Red onion is great but green onion slices or chives will also work.
How To Make A Good Salad!
Our corn salad is to die for and can be served with anything! Fish, chicken, steak, pork, shrimp, it goes with all of it. Or, leave out the protein and dive head first into this bowl. Either way, it’s your choice!
Corn Salad Dressing
You will love this fan-favourite dressing with a base of lime juice and olive oil. We also add cilantro to ours, but if you’re not a fan you can substitute it for parsley. Add in a pinch of cumin, optional minced garlic, salt and red chili flakes, and you’re onto a winner!
Looking for more side salad recipes? Try these!
WATCH US MAKE OUR CORN SALAD ON VIDEO!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Corn Salad with avocados, tomatoes and a delicious lime juice dressing is perfect served on its own, or as a side that easily pairs with anything on your plate!
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce (or Cos lettuce), shredded
- 2 ears of cooked corn, (shucked and cut off the cob) -- or 14 ounce can corn kernels, drained
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, peeled, stones removed and diced
- 9 ounces (250 g) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to season
- 1/3 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Pinch of cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
Combine all of the salad ingredients together.
In a small jug, mix together the dressing ingredients to combine well, and pour over the avocado salad. Season with extra salt, if desired. Serve with any protein, or enjoy with Tacos, fajitas, etc.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.