Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken is full of incredible flavour! Juicy on the inside, with a golden and crisp skin!
Mexican-inspired Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken that marinades in no time thanks to a rich-in-flavour sauce. Garlic, cilantro and lime takes simple chicken thighs and turns them into a mouth-watering recipe thanks to all of those flavours mixing through the incredible pan drippings!
Don’t wait for Cinco De Mayo to make this succulent chicken recipe!
No need to go anywhere or get take out when you can have juicy and crispy chicken on your table in no time with everyone feasting on some incredible chicken! The sauce is so good you’ll be licking your plates clean!
Easy chicken recipe!
With simple ingredients you may already have on hand that create some explosive flavours in this chicken.:
- Fresh lime — use fresh lime juice for the best flavour. Don’t go for the bottled stuff.
- Cilantro — substitute with fresh parsley if you don’t like cilantro.
- Garlic — you could use green onions/scallions (about 1/4 cup chopped) instead of garlic if you prefer
- Red chili flakes — if you don’t like a bit of heat, leave it out all together. Or for more heat, add more!
- Brown sugar — you can also use honey if you prefer. I love brown sugar in this. It balances out the acidity of the lime juice.
Chicken thighs or breasts?
I used bone-in, skin on thighs in this recipe, but you can use skinless and boneless chicken breasts if you prefer. The cooking time will change slightly, depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts. Chicken always needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Sides to serve with Cilantro Lime Chicken:
Even though there are many Cilantro Lime recipes out there, I KNOW you guys will love and appreciate this one. Because CRISPY SKIN wins food lovers over EVERY SINGLE TIME.
WATCH HOW WE MAKE Crispy Cilantro Lime Chicken
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (Juice of 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon red chili (or pepper) flakes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 bone-in skin-on (or off) chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves to serve
- Lime slices or wedges to serve
Preheat oven to 220°C | 425°F.
In a medium-sized shallow bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil together with the lime juice, chopped cilantro, chili flakes, garlic, sugar and cumin. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade and toss to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate thighs for 15 minutes.
Heat the remaining one tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the thighs along with any marinade left over in the bowl, and sear chicken -- skin-side down -- for 4 minutes on each side until golden and crispy (chicken will not be fully cooked).
Transfer to preheated oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through (about 15-20 minutes).
Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime slices or wedges.
Serve over steamed rice or cauliflower rice, and drizzle with the pan juices.
*Adapted from this CHILI LIME CHICKEN FAJITA SALAD RECIPE.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.