Bbq Turkey and Greek Yogurt ‘Slaw Burgers
Turkey burgers taste just as good as any other greasy burger, with extra spice and half the fat.
Our Sweet Chilli and Sour Cream Chicken Burgers have been so popular, you have been writing in asking us for more! No salads, just a thick and juicy burger with bbq sauce. Adding coleslaw adds a creaminess with a mixture of Greek yogurt and mayo, plus a delicious crunchy texture with each bite.
Fire up the grill or cook them in a pan!
Bbq Turkey and Greek Yogurt 'Slaw Burgers
- 500 g | 1lbs ground turkey (extra lean)
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1/2 a red onion , grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli/pepper flakes powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 5 slices light cheddar cheese (or your cheese of choice)
- 5 sourdough bread rolls (or your rolls of choice), halved
- extra barbecue sauce to serve
- extra parsley to garnish
Greek Yogurt Coleslaw:
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon (light) whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (sliced cabbage, carrots, red capsicum/bell peppers, and red cabbage)
- salt to season
Make your patties:
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, garlic, onion, egg, sauces, breadcrumbs, parsley and spices. Using your hands, really mix it all up to make sure all the ingredients have combined into the turkey. Divide into five patties, pressing firmly into shape.
- Preheat a nonstick pan/griddle with 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the patties and fry until cooked through and seared on both sides. (Lower heat if you find them burning, and half cover the pan with a lid to ensure they cook through). Add the cheese slice on top of each patty while still in the pan, just before removing them, so they melt and warm through.
- Slice buns in half and toast under grill/broiler, or not. Totally optional.
Make your 'Slaw:
- Mix the Greek yogurt and mayo together in a bowl. Add the coleslaw and mix through. Season with salt/pepper to your tastes.
- Serve burgers with the patty, pile the 'slaw high, drizzle with extra barbecue sauce and top with extra parsley (if you want to).