Sweet Chilli and Sour Cream Chicken Burgers
Fresh and golden chicken burgers filled with sweet chilli sauce, topped with sour cream and drizzled with extra sweet chilli, for some sweet spice in your life.
In this family, the amount of times we go through — and fight over — sweet chilli and sour cream chips is beyond any help we could get. I mean, those two flavours — the spice of chilli, the sweetness of the sauce plus the creaminess of sour cream is the best combination of flavours.
Sweet Chilli Flavour
Mixing sweet chilli sauce into the chicken patties creates an incredibly delicious chicken burger. Adding grated carrots and onions adds extra flavour and hidden goodness no take-away or fast food joint could compete with.
The best part? They are quick, easy to make and non-complicated burgers.
- Grill them or fry on a skillet.
- Make the patties into a big batch and freeze them, then reheat thawed patties when ready to serve.
- Serve as burgers or with a salad for a lower in carb version.
Sour Cream and Sweet Chilli Chicken Burgers
Weight Watchers: 3pp each burger pattie
- 1 kg | 2lbs lean ground chicken mince
- 1 onion , grated
- 1 medium - large carrot , grated
- 1 egg , lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder (vegeta)
- salt to season
- Olive oil
- 6 Sourdough bread rolls/buns (or bread of choice)
- Lettuce , washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream , divided
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce , divided
- Any other toppings you like
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, carrot, egg, sweet chilli sauce, breadcrumbs, stock powder and salt. Mix really well until combined (use your hands).
- Drizzle a small amount of oil on a preheated good quality non stick pan/skillet on low - medium heat, and spread evenly over pan. Divide chicken mixture into 12 - 14 hamburger patties (about palm size in diameter and 1-inch thick), and fry 2 or 3 at a time (in batches) for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer patties onto a warmed plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Dived rolls/buns between your serving plates, and top each bread base with lettuce and chicken patties, and spoon the sour cream over the top. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and top with bun top.
Svenja M. says
I made them with a friend a couple of weeks ago and we absolutely loved them! Surely gonna make them again some time.
That’s wonderful! I’m so happy you tried these! Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your comment with me!
I have to say that I am culinary challenged but these were the best, tastiest and easiest burgers ever! The family loved them and there are plenty for tomorrows lunch which they have all earmarked. Better than any takeaway burger and now a firm family favorite, thank you 🙂
Aw Michele that’s great to hear. i’m so happy you liked these! Thank you for stopping by and letting me know! Xx