Carne Asada Guacamole Burgers with creamy Guacamole, Pico De Gallo, Melted Cheese, and Carne Asada flavours seared into a beef burger.
In spanish, Carne Asada basically means Barbecued (or grilled) beef, usually made from thin marinated beef steak and served in Taco’s or Burritos. I used the same flavours in Carne Asada and made them into a burger. You will love this recipe!
My Carne Asada path went a little lop-sided a couple of weeks ago, and turned into Carne Asada Chipotle Pull Apart Bread. Craving something like that again…these burgers are seared with the typical Carne Asada marinade flavours. Only, there’s no need to marinade them. Marrying the Carne (beef) with a Guacamole and a Pico de Gallo to suit this burger…this whole thing was out of this world..
I haven’t posted a burger in so long, and the Drunken Aussie Beef Burgers were so popular (picture beef… runny fried eggs… bacon… grilled pineapple… beetroot…. yes), that it was time.
Grill or pan fry in a cast iron skillet for the ultimate Carne Asada flavour!
- 500 g | 1lbs lean ground/minced beef
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 of a red onion , grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large cloves garlic , minced
- 4 small slices pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes (or chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 small bread rolls of choice
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 of a red onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 lime , juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 small slices pickled jalapeños
- Salt to taste
Pico De Gallo:
- 2 ripe tomatoes , diced
- 1/4 of the remaining red onion , finely diced
- 3 tablespoons shredded fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Combine beef, lime juice, orange juice, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeños, chilli flakes, cumin, paprika and salt in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands for about a minute, until the meat has combined with the other ingredients. Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal parts and firmly mould them into round patties about 1-inch thick. Drizzle a skillet or non stick pan with a small amount of oil; preheat pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, sear the burgers for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until cooked to your liking. In the last minute or two of cooking, add the sliced cheese over the patties and allow the cheese to melt.
- Build burgers with lettuce (optional), beef, guacamole and pico de gallo.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Pico De Gallo:
- Combine the tomatoes, onions and cilantro together in your serving dish. Drizzle with the lime juice; salt to taste.