The best, creamy Guacamole is so easy to make and better than anything found in a jar!
Loaded with avocados, cilantro and lime juice, this homemade Guacamole takes minutes to make and is so incredibly delicious! Perfect for a party as an appetizer, a simple snack, OR use as a topping for your favourite chicken fajitas or steak fajitas, tacos and even carnitas!
With only a handful of ingredients, you are one dip away from the most perfect guacamole! Guac is one of those recipes that is extremely forgiving and easy to make your own way. Add in anything you like! From jalapeños to your favourite Mexican cheese (like queso fresco or cotija), you can pretty much make a good guacamole to suit your own tastes.
So easy and simple! Plus, since avocados are loaded with healthy fats, you can rest assured a bowl of guac with chips OR veggie sticks will keep you satisfied!
How To Make Guacamole
Some say to lightly smash your avocados to keep guac super chunky, while some others prefer creamy guac. Whichever style you go for, you will absolutely love the flavours in this recipe!
Only two major steps are required for a good guac:
- Mash …and …
Use fresh ingredients where you can (fresh cilantro, fresh garlic, and super ripe avocados), and adjust the ingredients to suit your tastes. more garlic, less or no chile, etc.
What goes with guac?
Best Creamy Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados peeled, seed removed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tomato seeded, pulp removed, finely chopped
- 1-2 Serrano chiles (or 1/2 jalapeño chile) stems and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional -- adds extra flavour)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black
- Scoop avocado flesh out into a medium-sized bowl. Mash roughly with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.