The best, creamy Guacamole is so easy to make and better than anything found in a jar!
Loaded with avocados, cilantro and lime juice, this homemade Guacamole takes minutes to make and is so incredibly delicious! Perfect for a party as an appetizer, a simple snack, OR use as a topping for your favourite chicken fajitas or steak fajitas, tacos and even carnitas!
With only a handful of ingredients, you are one dip away from the most perfect guacamole! Guac is one of those recipes that is extremely forgiving and easy to make your own way. Add in anything you like! From jalapeños to your favourite Mexican cheese (like queso fresco or cotija), you can pretty much make a good dip to suit your own tastes.
So easy and simple! Plus, since avocados are loaded with healthy fats, you can rest assured a bowl of guac with chips OR veggie sticks will keep you satisfied!
WHAT INGREDIENTS GO IN GUACAMOLE?
Avocado, cilantro, onion, Serrano chiles (or jalapeños), lime, tomato and salt. No sour cream or cream cheese needed!
HOW TO MAKE GUACAMOLE
What makes a good guacamole recipe? Start with mashing together your base of onion, cilantro and chiles before adding avocado and lime juice. This is how it’s made in Mexico, creating epic flavours.
Some say to lightly smash your avocados to keep guac super chunky, while some others prefer creamy guac. Whichever style you go for, you will absolutely love the flavours.
Use fresh ingredients where you can (fresh cilantro, super ripe avocados, etc), and adjust the ingredients to suit your tastes. more or less chiles, etc.
HOW LONG DOES GUACAMOLE LAST… CAN YOU STOP IT FROM BROWNING?
It will keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container without going brown. Cover with a thin layer of oil, cover and refrigerate.
To serve, pour off liquid, mix well and squeeze in a little bit of lime juice.
WHAT GOES WITH GUAC?
Mexican Beef Wedges
Best Creamy Guacamole
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 Serrano chiles (or 1/2 jalapeño chile) stems and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 ripe avocados peeled, seed removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional -- adds extra flavour)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black
- 1 tomato, seeded and pulp removed, finely chopped (OPTIONAL)
- Mash the onion, chile, salt and half the cilantro on a cutting board with a fork until juices are released (or use a mortar and pestle).
- Transfer mixture into a bowl, add avocado, remaining cilantro, lime juice and blck pepper. Mash to desired consistency. Stir in tomato.
- Taste test and adjust flavours to your taste: (salt, more lime juice, more chiles, etc.Serve with corn chips.
Made the creamy guacamole for a group of women and I did not have any left. Wonderful recipe and so easy. Thanks for a great appetizer.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your amaaaaaaaazing recipes. I have not disliked one yet.