Crispy Pan Seared Salmon with a Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce is a deliciously easy salmon recipe ready in minutes!
Pan Seared Salmon are super crispy on the outside, while soft, tender and flakey on the inside, finished with a silky, flavourful buttery sauce. Our family favourite low carb salmon recipe is now yours!
Searing salmon in a hot pan is one of our favourite ways to eat salmon, and this recipe is one I make often for our family.
Minimal ingredients and maximum taste, while allowing the flavour of salmon to shine through and taste absolutely delicious. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe. It comes together fast, making it perfect for any night of the week.
HOW TO MAKE PAN SEARED SALMON WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
Grab all of your ingredients first as this recipe cooks fast!
- Skinless salmon fillets
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
How To Sear Salmon
Dry room temperature salmon filets with paper towel.
Season all over with salt and pepper.
Squeeze lemon juice over each fillet.
Heat oil in a large non-stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Sear salmon flesh side down, pressing them lightly so the entire surface of the flesh comes into contact with the pan, until crispy and golden.
Flip and sear the other side until the outside is crispy.
Add in the butter, garlic, parsley and lemon juice, stirring the melting butter around each fillet. (The butter will begin to brown slightly.)
- A good quality non stick pan will save you unnecessary stress of salmon sticking to a non-seasoned pan, and many tears of frustration
- You can substitute the butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil if your hesitant to use butter
- Add in a splash of white wine also for a gourmet feel! (I usually add in 3-4 tablespoons)
- Fresh parsley is the only way to go with this! I don’t really recommend cooking or garnishing with dried parsley
This pan seared salmon recipe is restaurant quality, ready in under 15 minutes! Perfectly cooked, crispy and flaky salmon with a silky, buttery lemon garlic sauce.
Love Salmon? Try these recipes!
Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- 28 ounces (800 g) skinless salmon filets
- Salt and pepper , to season
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice , divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cloves garlic , finely chopped or minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley leaves , divided
- Lemon slices of half a lemon
- Pat dry room temperature salmon filets with paper towel. Season all over with salt, pepper. Squeeze 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice over each filet, and rub all the flavour in.
- Heat the olive in a large non-stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place salmon filets flesh side down, pressing them lightly so the entire surface of the flesh comes into contact with the pan. Sear, undisturbed, for 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Flip and sear the other side of each filet for TWO minutes. Add in the butter, chopped garlic, 3 tablespoons of parsley, remaining lemon juice and lemon slices. Stir the butter and garlic around each filet.
- Continue to cook the salmon for a further 1-2 minutes, or until salmon reaches desired doneness. (The butter will begin to brown slightly.) Taste test and season with salt and pepper to your tastes, and add more lemon juice if desired.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley and drizzle the butter over each filet. Serve immediately.