Crispy Parmesan Roasted Carrots with a hint of garlic take only 5 minutes to prep. Throw them in the oven for a delicious side dish!
Carrots get a huge make over with the addition of Panko breadcrumbs for added crunch. It’s so unbelievably easy to throw a handful of simple ingredients together — olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over some parsley and have Parmesan roasted carrots on your table in no time.
A deliciously easy vegetable side dish for your dinner menu or enjoy them as a snack!
Roasted with a crispy saltiness on the outside, slightly carmelized on the edges and tender on the inside, these crispy garlic parmesan roasted carrots are super easy to make. With sweet and salty results, your entire family will love the flavour and will want them time and time again.
HOW DO I ROAST CARROTS IN THE OVEN?
Just a handful of steps for CRISPY parmesan roasted carrots of your dreams:
- Arrange carrots on baking sheet.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Toss all ingredients together to completely coat the carrots.
- Spread out and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Toss with a spatula half way through.
They take 20-25 minutes in the oven depending on thickness.
DO I HAVE TO PEEL THEM BEFORE ROASTING?
No, not at all. If leaving their skins on, just scrub them clean to remove dirt. Of course, it’s personal preference!
We sometimes leave skins on if we’re rushed for time, however, I do prefer the taste of peeled carrots, especially in this parmesan roasted carrots recipe.
DO I HAVE TO BOIL BEFORE COOKING?
No. The beauty of this recipe is you throw all of the ingredients together on your baking sheet and let the oven do the work for you.
MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES
Garlic PARMESAN ROASTED CARROTS
- 2 pounds (1kg) carrots, washed and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs, (or normal breadcrumbs)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease or spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray.
- Arrange carrots on baking sheet. Add the olive oil, garlic, parmesan, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Toss all ingredients together to completely coat the carrots. Spread out and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Toss with a spatula half way through.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with fresh parsley if desired.