Crispy Broccoli Parmesan Fritters. This is where I feel like inserting an evil laugh. This week, I had a house full of kids and fed them fritters of all sorts – without any of them realising the audacity I was committing by feeding them vegetables. Without their knowledge or consent. To trick them, we just called them ‘Shrek Pancakes.’ Do I insert evil laugh now?
Well, Shrek pancakes are pretty darn good I must say!
Then it occurred to me that I have failed you by not sharing my fritter recipes with you. So here I am offering this recipe as a peace offering, and asking your forgiveness.
Totally kidding right now.
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these fritters are extremely easy to make. If you have a deep love affair with your food processor, then you’ll love these. Throwing ingredients into a food processor is possibly the easiest method of cooking we could ask for. ‘We’ being the people that don’t have the time to prepare things in advance.
Plus, getting your oven to do all the work while you’re busy chasing little people is a huge bonus.
They’re so easy, that I made you another video.
Process, shape and bake. Like an infomercial, but not as cheesy.
To make these low carb, replace the flour in the recipe with almond flour.
The trick to getting baked fritters crispy like they’re pan-fried amigos is to spray them with a light coating of olive oil spray.
Serve them with your favourite sauces or sour cream or yogurt! And dip away people. Crispy Broccoli Parmesan Fritters ready in 20 minutes!
If you’d like to watch the video of this recipe being made, please click on this link here!
Looking for more broccoli inspiration? Click on this link and check out these recipes!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Crispy Broccoli Parmesan Fritters
- 1 large , fresh broccoli
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 an onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup flour (or almond flour for a lower carb option)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F | 200°C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Chop the broccoli into florets. Discard the hard part off of the stem, and chop the stem also. Place the broccoli and stem pieces into a food processor and pulse a few times until the broccoli is chopped. Add in the eggs, onion, garlic, flour and Parmesan. Pulse again a couple of times until well combined (about 5 seconds of pulsing). Stir the salt and pepper through the mixture.
- Form 8-10 fritters on the prepared baking sheets, making sure they don’t touch each other. Spray with a light coating of olive oil spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes on each side until golden.
- Alternatively pan fry in a nonstick pan over medium heat until golden on both sides.
- Allow fritters to cool slightly before serving. Serve with ketchup, Greek yogurt or fat free sour cream.