Crispy Oven Fried Beer Batter Crumbed Shrimp! Fresh shrimp dipped in a light beer batter….coated in Panko for that extra crunchy and crispy texture of deep fried…without the deep fried oil or extra fat!
Crispy Oven Fried Beer Batter Crumbed Shrimp… This job is perfect, it means I get to enjoy food like this always!
Using a Tempura-insired batter for these shrimp, you won’t believe they’re oven baked instead of deep fried. In fact, no one will believe you, because they’re super crispy with a deep-fried taste.
You know it’s a winner when you can’t stop eating them even if it means burning your mouth. What gives them the deep-fried flavour is a light spray of cooking oil before baking. It just works.
Giving them a golden, crunch coating!
Looking for more crumbed shrimp recipes? Try these!
Crispy Oven Baked Crumbed Shrimp
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 500 g (1 pound) peeled shrimp, deveined, tail intact
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 410°F (210°C). Lightly spray an oven tray with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Whisk the egg in a small shallow bowl. Add in the flour, beer, garlic powder, salt and water. Whisk slowly until all the ingredients come together; then beat until the batter is smooth. Pat dry each prawn/shrimp until they are completely dry.
- Holding the shrimp/prawns by the tail; dip one shrimp/prawn at a time into the batter to evenly coat; gently shake off any excess; then evenly coat them in the breadcrumbs. Place them onto the oven tray in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side; flip them and bake for a further 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through (depending on the heat in your oven).