Crispy Baked Shrimp Scampi is easy to make with a fancy restaurant flair right at home, and takes only minutes to prepare!
Oven Baked Shrimp Scampi topped with flavourful golden, buttery, garlic parmesan breadcrumbs. The easiest way to cook shrimp in your oven in just 15 minutes!
Serve as an appetizer OR a light meal with salad, garlic bread or pasta. Perfectly crunchy, delicious and buttery…you won’t be able to stop!
So easy to make, you won’t believe the flavours coming out of your skillet OR dish when it’s done! How fitting it is to be beachfront with a glass of rosé, writing up a post about shrimp. It does not get any better.
This recipe contains a good amount of buttery flavour without being in complete fear of busting out of your jeans. Also, I’ve cut a couple of steps out of the usual recipe, creating something a little easier for those of us finding ourselves out of breath in the kitchen.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI
Shrimp gets mixed right in your skillet or baking dish with some key ingredients:
- Lemon juice
- White wine.
As usual, the white wine is optional and can be replaced with chicken stock, extra lemon juice or left out completely. Up to you.
The crumb mixture consisting of melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and parsley is mixed up and sprinkled over the shrimp. Then bake for 12 minutes, or until shrimp is ‘just’ cooked through.
Change oven settings to broil or grill for a further minute or so, until the top is crispy and golden.
Using Panko breadcrumbs guarantee a better texture when compared with regular breadcrumbs, but you can use what you have on hand. Mix breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese, garlic and a hint of red pepper flakes for a slight taste bud awakening. You can of course add more to suit your taste!
Baked Shrimp is so much better with a crispy topping!
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER BAKED SHRIMP
Store baked shrimp in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES
NOW ON VIDEO!
Crispy Baked Shrimp Scampi
- 1 kg (2 pounds) shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails on or off
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional -- sub with extra lemon juice or chicken stock
- 1 brown shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup melted butter, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat oven to 425º F (220°C). Combine shrimp, lemon juice, white wine, shallots, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a skillet or baking dish. Mix well to coat shrimp.
- OPTIONAL: Starting from the outer edge of your skillet or dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer towards the centre of the pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley; mix well.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp and bake for 12 minutes, or until hot and bubbling, and the shrimp are 'just' cooked through. Change oven settings to broil or grill for a further minute or so, until the top is crispy and golden.
- Garnish with remaining parsley, squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges.