Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is the most easiest and flavour packed shrimp!
With the best flavour combination and ready in under 15 minutes, Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is an easy to throw together meal that can be served over anything!
A huge bowl of this Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp can be found at our dinner table at least once a week. Stir a handful of angel hair pasta through the lemony, garlicky, buttery sauce for a delicious dinner.
Buy shrimp (or prawns) already deveined, shelled and cleaned, and you have yourself such an easy recipe. Use fresh lemon juice (not the store bought stuff, please for the love of freshness), and use fresh garlic if possible. Those two elements — although rather obvious — are the key to this recipe creating fireworks in your mouth.
Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon)
- 1 3/4 pounds (800 g) shrimp (or prawns), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons -- add more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Fry shrimp and add salt and pepper, to your taste. Cook 2 minutes on one side, while stirring occasionally. Flip and cook 2 minutes on the other side until JUST beginning to turn pink.
- Add in the remaining butter, lemon juice and water. Cook, while stirring, until the butter melts and the shrimp have cooked through (do not over cook them). Take off heat. Taste test, and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper, if needed to suit your tastes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve over rice or pasta.