White Fish topped with a CRISPY garlic parmesan crumb will be your new favourite fish recipe guaranteed!
Gone are the days of eating under-seasoned fish. Garlic Parmesan Crumbed Fish, a recipe inspired by your favourite Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon, is a 10 minute easy fish dinner using minimal ingredients.
WINNING CRUMBED FISH RECIPE
A golden, crunchy crumb sits on top of tender, flakey fish. Could life possibly get any better than this?
Although, I know what you’re probably thinking. Crumb = egg wash, but that’s not needed for this crumbed fish!
What IS guaranteed ticks all your fish loving boxes:
- Juicy, flakey cooked fish
- Crispy garlic parmesan crumb topping
- Minimal ingredients
- Maximum flavours
- Minimal mess
- Addictively easy homemade cooking
SO EASY in fact that we’re including three different cooking methods so you get the very BEST results!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CRUMBED FISH
START WITH YOUR GARLIC PARMESAN CRUMB: minced garlic, fresh or store-bought shredded parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs (or salmon meal for a low carb option), salt, pepper, fresh herb, melted butter and a drizzle of olive oil.
SPREAD FISH WITH MAYO: YES! It acts like a glue without needing egg wash while adding crispy flavour.
PRESS FILLING INTO CRUMB MIXTURE. Spoon extra filling over the top if you like it fully loaded.
GET YOUR PAN NICE AND HOT to get your fish sizzling and crispy on the bottom.
BROIL to cook your perfect fish on the top and make that crumb deliciously crispy and golden.
You’ll be in awe at the crumb… it tastes fried!
Crumbed fish can be cooked under the broiler OR just straight in the oven.
If you don’t have an oven-proof pan or skillet, simply prepare fish as per the recipe. Then, drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a pan over high-heat. Fry fish, crumb-side UP, for 2 minutes, then carefully transfer onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Finish your perfectly crumbed fish off in the oven under the broiler/grill to get that crumb topping nice and golden.
JUST OVEN METHOD
Lightly oil your baking sheet with nonstick oil spray. Prepare fish as above with crumb topping. Arrange fish fillets onto prepared tray and bake at 390°F (200°C) for 10 – 12 minutes, then broil (grill) on high heat for a golden crumb.
CRUMBED FISH TIPS
- Make sure you position your oven rack to about 5-inches (15cm) from the top heat element before preheating.
- You can use either skin on or skinless fish fillets.
- Use fresh shredded parmesan in the crumb topping instead of the fine powdery parmesan found in plastic packets. It gives it a better flavour.
- You can use fresh chopped dill instead of – OR- in addition to parsley!
- We use Panko breadcrumbs, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- Don’t forget to spray your crumb topping with a light coating of cooking oil like olive oil spray (NOT non-stick oil) to help the topping brown.
- Serve crumbed fish immediately with a squeeze of lemon juice.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PARMESAN CRUMBED FISH
Serve over buttery mashed cauliflower OR mashed potatoes OR with an easy side salad.
MORE FISH/SEAFOOD RECIPES
Pan Seared Fish With Tomatoes & Olives
Avocado Chickpea Tuna Salad Recipe
French Steamed Mussels
Easy Lobster Bisque
Easy Baked Salmon with Lemon Butter Cream Sauce
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Crumbed Fish
- 4 firm white fish fillets skinless and boneless, close to room temperature (about 5 oz/150g per fillet)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and cracked black pepper to season
- Garlic powder, to season
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- Cooking oil spray
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat oven broiler (grill) on high heat. Arrange oven rack to about 5-inches (15cm) from the top heat element.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, garlic, melted butter, olive oil, salt and cracked black pepper in a shallow bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Season fish all over with salt, pepper and a pinch of garlic powder. Spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise over the top of each fillet.
- Grab a fillet and press the mayo-side of the fish firmly into the crumb mixture ensuring it sticks evenly. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Lightly spray each fillet with cooking oil spray.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil into an oven-proof pan or cast-iron skillet. Heat over the stove on high-heat.
- When pan is hot, arrange the fillets into the hot pan and place under the broiler (or grill) until the fish is cooked through and the crumb is crisp and golden, about 5-6 minutes. Rotate the pan as needed for even cooking halfway through. (To check if fish is cooked, use a fork to pull the flesh at the thickest part. It is cooked through when flakes easily.
- Squeeze over some lemon juice and garnish with fresh chopped parlsey to serve.
- Blue Grenadier
100% recommend this recipe to anyone! My toddler ate a whole fillet all by himself! Flavors are perfect and delicious. It has become a staple in our dinner rotations.
Rosa Slattery says
I don’t normally like anything on my salmon, but saw this recipe and decided to try something new and was blown away. The entire family loved it, crispy exterior and the salmon was cooked to perfection. Thank you for another amazingly delicious recipe.