Creamy Tuscan Chicken packed with spinach and sun dried tomatoes in a thick and creamy parmesan garlic cream sauce!
Like our Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp and Salmon recipes, this Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe comes to you inspired by the popular Olive Garden recipe! Adding a little extra flavours into the sauce takes this boneless chicken breast recipe to a whole new level.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Since sharing our Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Salmon and our popular world-wide-loved Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp, some of you have been asking for a low carb or Keto version — no pasta or breading. Well, this Tuscan Chicken recipe couldn’t get any easier!
Instead of coating chicken breast fillets in a flour/parmesan mixture, this time around you’re going to season your fillets in paprika and onion powder to add more flavour to a typical salt and pepper deal. You can use smoky or sweet paprika, mild or spicy. It’s completely up to you. (We use mild.)
Leave people wondering if there is a hidden chef in your kitchen with this Creamy Tuscan Chicken. Quick and easy to make, ready on the table in less than 15 minutes, you will ever impress yourself!
Adding in a hint of Dijon adds even MORE flavour to a classic Tuscan chicken… your family and friends will be thanking you for this one.
Tuscan? I know, I know. This is NOT a traditional recipe form Tuscany… BUT it is known for being one of the most ordered chicken dinners at Olive Garden Italian Restaurant.
However, me being me, I added my own twist to the sauce to get even more flavours into it!
What can you serve this Creamy Tuscan Chicken with?
- Over pasta that has been mixed through with olive, salt and garlic. Also, a touch of parmesan never hurt anyone.
- Garlic bread: soaking up creamy sauce with a warm piece of bread. It’s heaven.
- Rice. Yes, this is amazing with rice also.
Or keep it light and serve it for lunch or as a delicious appetizer with French bread slices, or on its own!
Low Carb Suggestions:
- Zucchini noodles
- Mashed cauliflower
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli & Green Beans
- Steamed broccoli
- Spaghetti squash
- Crispy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini
What wine goes well with Tuscan Chicken?
I choose a white wine to go with this Tuscan Chicken. A light Chardonnay or Pinot Gris pairs really well. For a sweeter wine, choose a Riesling or a Sparkling Moscato.
An easy to make and filling meal.
Love Tuscan flavours? Try these recipes!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken in a Parmesan Spinach Sauce is a LOW CARB recipe PACKED with flavour! Garlic is pan fried in sun dried tomato oil, followed closely by sun dried tomatoes releasing all of their flavours in a mouthwatering cream sauce.
Inspired by Olive Garden Tuscan Garlic Chicken with added flavours!
- 1 1/2 pounds (700 grams) large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets (I use 2 large breasts -- 12 oz or 350 grams each)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 3/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil or olive oil, divided
- For The Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic 6 cloves
- 5 oz 150g jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil drained (reserve 3 tablespoons of oil for cooking)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or thickened cream (or evaporated milk for lower calorie/fat)
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley to serve
Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved sun dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for 6-8 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through (work in batches if your pan isn't large enough). Transfer to a warm plate; set aside.
Add the remaining oil into the pan and fry the garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds to 1 minute), then add in the sun dried tomatoes. Fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours. Mix the Dijon through all of the flavours.
Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream (or evaporated milk) and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
Add the chicken back into the pan; top with parsley and serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.
- 1/2 cup white wine (allow to reduce to half after adding in the garlic)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (after the parmesan cheese)
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.