Roasted Green Beans are a delicious holiday side dish, roasted in olive oil, garlic and parmesan, then baked with cheese until melted and bubbling!
The perfect side dish to serve along with your turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy! The bonus? Roasted Green Beans are low carb, Keto approved and incredibly delicious!
Green Bean Recipe
The easiest way to get green veggies into your diet is roasting them. Throw them on a baking sheet or tray and letting the oven work it’s thing! It doesn’t get any easier.
Not everyone’s a fan of these green stalks! Coming up with ways for everyone to enjoy them can be a nightmare. That’s where this roasted green beans recipe comes in! You’re only five main ingredients away from having the best green beans of your life.
We make this recipe all the time — at least once a week to go with our Roast Chicken or Pork.
The great thing about this recipe is that it takes almost no prep time, making it one of the easiest side dishes on our site!
ROASTED GREEN BEANS
With minimal ingredients, these oven roasted green beans are ready in no time at all.
- Green Beans: Our recipe starts by using fresh beans. Please try not to use canned as they are too soft for roasting — you want texture for this.
- Cheese: We use fresh parmesan and shredded mozzarella for this recipe, but you can use sliced mozzarella. You could also use Swiss cheese, Gruyere, Provolone or Monterey Jack.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic is always best and adds the most flavour for roasting when compared with garlic powder. You can use minced if you prefer. We love grating ours on the finest side of the grater for an almost pureed consistency that spreads better among the veggies.
- Olive Oil: A good glug of olive oil helps coat your beans in seasoning while crisping them up nicely in the oven. You can substitute oil for melted butter.
HOW TO COOK GREEN BEANS
Roasted green beans only take about 30 minutes to come together — including prep!
First things first, season with olive oil, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper before roasting them in the oven until tender-crisp (about 20 minutes). The parmesan gets so crispy and golden that you’d be forgiven for stopping right here!
Once your green beans are fork tender, top with mozzarella and broil (or grill) until the cheese is hot, melted and bubbling on the top.
Taste test and season with a little extra salt and pepper if they need it!
HOW DO YOU MAKE GREEN BEANS TASTE GOOD?
This recipe has so much flavour without completely wiping out the flavour of green beans. I mean…olive oil, garlic, parmesan and mozzarella compliment anything. Am I right?
Looking for more sides? Try these!
Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Sweet potato Casserole
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Cheesy Garlic Green Beans
- 1 pound (500 g) green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 cloves garlic, minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Arrange green beans on baking sheet in a single layer. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the green beans and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes until vibrant and tender-crisp.
- Remove from oven and top with the mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and broil (or grill) until the cheese melts and becomes golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Christine @ myblissfulmess says
This is a simple yet elegant side dish. It’s very yummy and goes great with just about any meat. I tossed the green beans together with the olive oil, Parmesan, garlic, salt & pepper in a very large bowl and then spread them out on a baking sheet. It was just easier to toss them that way than on the sheet pan itself. Very, very yummy and everyone enjoyed!
Linda Verner says
Loved it, but will us less oil next time! Husband who doesn’t like green beans loved these and between the two of of us we ate the whole pan!
MICHELE SMITH says
Delicious! I only cooked for 10 minutes since I didn’t have a full pound of green beans and my husband likes them crispy. I will probably use a little less chees and olive oil next time to lighten it up a bit since we are watching our weight.
Great recipe! Thank you! Next time, I’ll try a little less oil, a bit too greasy with the cheese but oh so good!
Yes, I used less oil, hardly needs any. So good, burned my lip on that stretchy cheese;-)
Stephanie Warthen says
Try it with asparagus!
Did you try it with the Asparagus? I was wondering if the cooking time would be any different!
Delicious! This one is a keeper.
Matthew Nale says
These are AWESOME! Can’t wait to make them again.
I really appreciated this recipe. Very easy and tasty! Will make again!
Can frozen green beans be used? Can’t always get fresh.
The fresh is better because of the crispiness but frozen will still work great.