Linguini pasta gets a delicious make over with this 15-Minute Creamy Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp! A quick and easy flavourful weeknight or weekend dinner that comes together in minutes!
15-Minute Creamy Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp… Only 15 minutes? How much easier could a recipe get?!
This is one favour packed shrimp! Even my super picky 7 year old loved this, which is saying A LOT.
If you’re looking for a way to change up your pasta game — this is it. Shrimp first gets sautéed in buttery garlic and a hint of basil, before being smothered in a creamy marinara sauce (or passata for us over here), with linguini, fettuccine, or your pasta of choice mixed through with a generous amount of parmesan cheese. Good…huh?
My house has become a crazy town. Videos flying left, right and centre. Children flying centre, right and left. Food flowing out of our ears. Daily supermarket runs happening in two’s or three’s because chemo brain equals colander brain (ie. many holes in it = thoughts drain out easily). And one pan meals, like these, saving my life.
You would think with all of the food being cooked in here, we wouldn’t need to come up with dinners… BUUUHT there are enough of us here to start a soccer team. Or, that’s what it feels like with the noise reaching critical levels.
All that chaos aside, I sat myself down last week with a glass of wine (may have been over-sized), and thoroughly enjoyed every creamy, tomato-ey, pasta/shrimp filled moment.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Creamy Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 10 ounces | 300 g dry weight linguini (or any pasta)
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 pound | 500 g raw jumbo shrimp (prawns), peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt , divided
- 1 x 14-ounce | 400 g bottle passata or marinara sauce
- half a chicken bullion cube , crushed (or 1 teaspoon stock powder)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper , divided
- pinch of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk (or half and half or heavy cream)
- grated Parmesan cheese , to serve
- extra fresh chopped parsley , to serve
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. (While pasta is boiling, prepare shrimp sauce.)
- Heat the butter in a large skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the onion and fry until transparent. Stir in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about 30 seconds), then add in the shrimp with the basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté shrimp for 2 minutes on one side; flip and continue to sauté on the other side for a further minute.
- Quickly add in the sauce, crushed bullion (or stock powder), parsley, pepper sugar and remaining salt. Allow the sauce to heat through for another minute before adding the milk (or cream). Continue cooking for a further minute or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, stir it through the creamy tomato sauce; toss until combined. Season with extra salt if desired.