Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Zoodles
This sauce. THIS SAUCE. Okay. Let me back up for a sec. Sun dried tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese infused in a cream based sauce, enveloping crispy, golden pan fried chicken strips and zoodles for the craziest low carb comfort food.
You don’t need to spend your whole entire pay check on a Zoodle maker. Mine looks like this:
However, if you don’t have one..or can’t find one, you can make fettuccini style ribbons with a normal vegetable peeler.
With minimal ingredients, a beautifully rich and creamy sauce is ready in less that 10 minutes with the extra addition of extra sun-dried tomatoes, a tonne of parmesan, red chilli flakes and dried basil.
Simply add your Zoodles for a healthy take on pasta (or add pre-cooked pasta if you like), and dinner is done!
Serve this, and you’re family and friends won’t miss pasta. They won’t even be mad at you.
Creamy Sundried Tomato + Parmesan Chicken Zoodles
Weight Watchers: 10pp per serve!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 700 g | 1 1/2 lb skinless chicken thigh fillets (, cut into strips)
- 120 g | 4oz fresh semi-dried tomato strips in oil (, chopped *See Notes)
- 100 g | 3.5oz jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil (, chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (, peeled and crushed)
- 300 ml |1 1/4 cup thickened cream (, reduced fat or full fat (or half and half))
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Dried basil seasoning
- Red chilli flakes
- 2 large Zucchini ((or summer squash), made into Zoodles (use a vegetable grater if you don't have a Zoodle grater))
- Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
- Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.