Creamy Sun Dried Tomato + Parmesan Chicken Zoodles
This sauce. THIS SAUCE. Okay. Let me back up for a sec. Sun dried tomatoes and garlic and parmesan cheese infused in a cream based sauce, enveloping crispy, golden pan fried chicken strips and zoodles for the craziest low carb fit-foodie comfort food without feeling like a fit-foodie.
I found a Zoodle maker over the weekend for $10. 10 bucks! So this is me breaking it in and popping its cherry.
Move over pasta. You are so over-rated. (for now, anyway.)
Proof is right here — you don’t need to spend your whole entire pay check on a Zoodle maker. Mine looks like this:
….and does the job, as you can see here ↓↓↓↓
However, if you don’t have one..or can’t find one, you can make fettuccini style ribbons with a normal vegetable peeler.
With minimal ingredients, a beautifully rich and creamy sauce is ready in less that 10 minutes with the extra addition of extra sun-dried tomatoes, a tonne of parmesan, red chilli flakes and dried basil.
Simply add your Zoodles for a healthy take on pasta (or add pre-cooked pasta if you like), and dinner is done!
Serve this, and you’re family and friends won’t miss pasta. They won’t even be mad at you.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 10pp per serve!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 700 g | 1 1/2 lb skinless chicken thigh fillets , cut into strips
- 120 g | 4oz fresh semi-dried tomato strips in oil , chopped *See Notes
- 100 g | 3.5oz jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil , chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , peeled and crushed
- 300 ml |1 1/4 cup thickened cream , reduced fat or full fat (or half and half)
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Dried basil seasoning
- Red chilli flakes
- 2 large Zucchini (or summer squash), made into Zoodles (use a vegetable grater if you don't have a Zoodle grater)
- Heat the butter in a pan/skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt. Pan fry until the chicken is golden browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Lower heat, add the cream and the Parmesan cheese; simmer while stirring until the cheese has melted through. Sprinkle over salt, basil and red chilli flakes to your taste.
- Stir through the Zoodles and continue to simmer until the zoodles have softened to your liking (about 5-8 minutes) and serve.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.