Zebra Marble Pancakes are a step up from normal pancakes and a twist on the favourite Zebra cake! Combining two flavoured batters creating stripes when cutting through each pancake, you’ve never seen pancakes like this before! A steaming stack of pancakes just as beautiful on the inside as the outside. At 89 calories per pancake OR WW 3 Smart Points, they’re fluffy and cake-like and will be on your menu every Sunday.
I don’t know about you, but seeing these strips through every bite of pancake that tastes like cake excited me.
I know, it really doesn’t take much these days to get me excited over food. But look at that! ↓
When this idea came to me at midnight (like most of my ideas do), my online search began only to be surprised that there are no Zebra pancakes like these anywhere on the net! Whatttt?! And How Commmme?! They were the questions. After making those Red Velvet Marble Waffles, we wanted Marble Pancakes!
To better explain things, I made you another video. You’re welcome, and if you love the background music, my husband created it. He was getting tired of hearing the same old iMovie tunes on repeat. Thank you husband.
Easier than expected to make, and beautiful to watch bubble up, get the kids in with you OR make them yourself! It’s that easy, I promise you. Holding a jug of batter in both hands and pouring out about 2 tablespoons per layer (the video shows it much better than explaining does), you end up with perfect Zebra Marble Pancakes.
Not only are these super easy to make, they look amazing stacked up on a plate even before drizzling with maple syrup and cutting through them!
But then again, drowning them in syrup…
…there are just no words. With or without ice cream… the choice is yours!
If you’ve been following this blog for a while, you already know how much I love turning breakfast into party time. Cappuccino Pancakes or French Toasts with fresh Coffee Cream; Peanut Butter Cheesecake Stuffed Brownie French Toasts; Strawberry Shortcake Yogurt Pancakes; Jelly Donut Pancakes; CHURRO Nutella Stuffed Pancakes (can’t forget those); Whole Wheat Choc Chip Banana Bread Pancakes; Caramel Apple Pancakes; even Double Chocolate Brownie Pancakes. Yes. I have an obsession. And for more insane pancakes creations, click here.
And now: Zebra Cake Pancakes. The stunning effect of Zebra cake into a steaming stack. Cake for breakfast anyone?
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers Smart Point: 3 per pancake!
- 2 cups self raising flour* (See Notes)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder** (See Notes)
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup skim milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 (extra) tablespoons milk
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Make a well in the centre and add the egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the wet ingredients first before incorporating them into the dry ingredients. Add in the melted butter and whisk again until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour half of the mixture into a separate jug or bowl and stir in the cocoa powder; whisk until dissolved. Add in the extra 2 tablespoons of milk if batter is too thick.
- Preheat a nonstick pan with cooking oil spray (or lightly grease with butter/oil) and pour out about two tablespoons worth of the plain mixture into the centre of the pan. Straight away spoon two tablespoons of the chocolate batter over top. Continue doing this until you have 5-6 rings (the more batter you use, the bigger your pancakes will grow). You will have alternate rings of batter in the pan (it doesn't have to be neat)!
- Cook until bubbles form on top; flip and cook until cooked through (as you would normal pancakes). Repeat the process until all of the batter is used (grease in between every second or third pancake, depending on the quality of your pan).
- Serve with maple syrup, ice cream, fruit, berries melted chocolate, whatever you like!
*Substitute self raising flour for all purpose or plain flour
**Use 1 tablespoon baking powder if using plain or all purpose flour
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.